XF 2.0 Need help with user moderation

Tipmoose

I know this has got to be something dumb on my side.

I am unable to find anywhere I can approve new users who have registered for my forum short of manually updating their user record.

I set my forum up to require moderation of every user that registers and passes email confirmation. I tested this tonight and verified that it told the user he had to wait for admin approval. Unfortunately, the forum never told me that anyone had registered, much less that anyone needed approval. There is no indication that I can find in the ACP or the forum itself that someone registered at all.

What am I doing wrong?

When you're logged in as an admin, the moderation bar on the top of your screen, the left hand side should have a link called "Approval queue", do you see that?

Ok. Found the problem. I was logging in as someone in the Administrators group and not the Administrator acct.

What is odd is that the user I was using is also a Super Administrator. How can I get the moderation queue to show up for a user other than Administrator?

Last edited:
Use the Analyze Permissions tool and see which permissions the user is missing that you wish them to have.

Okay. I checked the analyze permissions (life saving tool, btw!!) and the Tipmoose (Super Admin) user has everything set to yes other than require two factor auth. I even specifically set up user permissions for that acct. Still can't see the Moderation Queue.

This feels like something that I need to add to the config.php file. Im just not sure what.

Is that user defined as a moderator?

That did it. I added Tipmoose to the list of moderators. Ive got a lot to learn about how roles are defined in XF it seems. I figured Admin/Super Admin would be a moderator by default. Esp if their global params were the same.

Thank you, @ozzy47 ! Im not sure I ever would have figured that out.

Top Bottom