XF 2.2 Importing from elkarte, need help with database regex

badmonkey

Hello all! I successfully imported from elkarte. As expected it was not an exact replacement, but has been an excellent upgrade.

I need assistance with a few database manipulations to clean things up a bit. This can be done in phpmyadmin, for sure, but I'm not the greatest at regex or sql commands. I'm aware there is a post content find/replace add on, but even on a simple search it produces a 500 error (maybe doesn't like php8.2??) but even then regex is needed.

Anyway, the specific areas identified so far are:

Legacy mentions need to be either updated or removed. For example, the old mention style was: [member=405]account_name[/member]. This needs to be found/replaced with: @account_name (or whatever is appropriate to work with Xenforo). If that isn't feasible it should at least have the old bbcode chopped.

Legacy quotes need cleaning. Example: Author date=1450013205 said: needs to become Author. That is, unless there is a clever means to use the timestamp to link back to the actual original post. No biggie either way, so long as it can be cleaned up.

Nothing else comes to mind at the moment. Members will report missed items over time for certain. Suggestions are also welcome if anyone else has performed this migration.

Thanks for any words of wisdom! Have a great day!

Top Bottom