User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download
No I was asking for anyone to post other examples of the icons they might use instead of the included ones.

@Xon would there be a way to use a font awesome icon as the tag image if it's include in our style?
No.

The issue is XenForo doesn't support font awesome icons for user avatars. It expects an image link when generating the @Username tagging dropdown.

I cannot seem to get this working, i have checked all permissions
Make sure you configure the groups you want to be tag-able.
user-group-options-png.125468

Hey Xon

I received this error when trying to create a new usergroup - was only able to do so by disabling User Mentions Improvements first.
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'last_edit_date' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: The Sandman, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_group', Array)
#5 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php(281): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php(16): XenForo_Model_UserGroup->updateUserGroupAndPermissions(0, Array, Array)
#9 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/SV/UserTaggingImprovements/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php(15): DBTech_Security_XenForo_Model_UserGroup->updateUserGroupAndPermissions(0, Array, Array)
#10 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserGroup.php(131): SV_UserTaggingImprovements_XenForo_Model_UserGroup->updateUserGroupAndPermissions(0, Array, Array)
#11 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/SV/UserTaggingImprovements/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserGroup.php(9): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserGroup->actionSave()
#12 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_UserTaggingImprovements_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserGroup->actionSave()
#13 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/th34dm1nz0n3/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "https://theadminzone.com/admin.php?user-groups/0/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["user-groups/0/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["title"] => string(12) "Contributors"
    ["display_style_priority"] => string(1) "0"
    ["user_title_override"] => string(1) "0"
    ["username_css"] => string(0) ""
    ["banner_text"] => string(0) ""
    ["banner_css_class"] => string(24) "userBanner bannerPrimary"
    ["sv_avatar_s"] => string(0) ""
    ["sv_avatar_l"] => string(0) ""

**snip**

}
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Hi @Xon
I'm having a problem with usergroups mentions using Tapatalk.
I already asked at Tapatalk but it appears to exist a compatibility problem.
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/user-mention-not-creating-alerts-on-tapatalk.34034/

- Users mentioned via Tapatalk don't get alerts.
So if someone using Tapatalk @mentions another user. This mentioned user using PC doesn't get a notification alert.
(I guess this has nothing to do with your addon)

- Usergroups mentioned via Tapatalk don't get alerts.
So if someone using Tapatalk makes a @usergroupmention. The mentioned usergroup doesn't get a notification alert (neither at PC or Tapatalk).

- Users on Tapatalk get alerts when being mentioned.
So if someone from a PC @mentions a user using Tapatalk, the tapatalk user gets the notification.

- Usergroups mentioned don't get alerts if using Tapatalk.
So if someone using a PC makes a @usergroupmention. The mentioned usergroup get a notification alert at PC. But the same alert doesn't show at Tapatalk.

Hope my tests can be replicated.
Thanks for your efforts!

Hi @Xon
I'm having a problem with usergroups mentions using Tapatalk.
I already asked at Tapatalk but it appears to exist a compatibility problem.
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/user-mention-not-creating-alerts-on-tapatalk.34034/

- Users mentioned via Tapatalk don't get alerts.
So if someone using Tapatalk @mentions another user. This mentioned user using PC doesn't get a notification alert.
(I guess this has nothing to do with your addon)

- Usergroups mentioned via Tapatalk don't get alerts.
So if someone using Tapatalk makes a @usergroupmention. The mentioned usergroup doesn't get a notification alert (neither at PC or Tapatalk).
This is a fault somewhere with Tapatalk. My add-on should execute at the same time as the standard XenForo alert when a message is saved.

- Usergroups mentioned don't get alerts if using Tapatalk.
So if someone using a PC makes a @usergroupmention. The mentioned usergroup get a notification alert at PC. But the same alert doesn't show at Tapatalk.
This add-on intercepts the standard XenForo mentions when a post is saved, and expands user groups into a list of users. These user mentions then function identically to standard user mentions.

It looks like Tapatalk completely ignores this and extracts the list of tagged users from a post (again), and ignores the groups since they haven't been expanded into a list of users yet.

I typically don't support Tapatalk on my free add-ons since I don't use tapatalk and haven't build compatibility for it before.

Last edited:
@Breixo found the error for why tapatalk isn't generating alerts.

When a post is created, XenForo expects the maximum number of users to be mentioned to be set. If it isn't, it is set to zero.

They should have code something like the following in MbqWrEtForumPost::addMbqEtForumPost and MbqWrEtForumTopic::addMbqEtForumTopic
Code:
$writer->setOption(XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post::OPTION_MAX_TAGGED_USERS, $visitor->hasPermission('general', 'maxTaggedUsers'));

It will be a little trickier supporting sending group alerts to Tapatalk. Start a conversation with me if you would like to fund this.

Is this only for usergroups? I basically just want an option for individual members to get an email when they are tagged, and also be able to enable/disable the emails in their settings/preferences. Thanks.

Is this only for usergroups? I basically just want an option for individual members to get an email when they are tagged, and also be able to enable/disable the emails in their settings/preferences. Thanks.
Correct, it does both. Both are optional too.

Top Bottom