User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download
Other types supporting XenForo's user tagging will automatically support tagging user groups, but the front-end UI for auto-completing user groups will not work.
For example; I haven't implemented Resource manager support. So there isn't any auto-complete support when writing an update or resource overview. But if you tag a group (@MyGroup) it'll do the right thing.

@Xon have you finished Fallout 4 yet? ;)
I actually haven't (keep getting side tracked) :p, but I've taken on a number of paid add-ons which require a fair chunk of work to be done on them.

I actually haven't (keep getting side tracked) :p, but I've taken on a number of paid add-ons which require a fair chunk of work to be done on them.

I would appreciate when you find time in between two jobs, that would make my life complete...:D If I can bribe you with money, let me know. ;)

I would appreciate when you find time in between two jobs, that would make my life complete...:D If I can bribe you with money, let me know. ;)
Well closer to 3 jobs. Helping run a forum and doing sysadmin for another forum take up a chunk of time!

Question @Xon:

"User group may be private, at which point only members can tag or view that group."

What is meant by "view" here? Is there someplace where one should be able to view a list of the users that are part of the usergroup, on the front end? I can't seem to find that...

Also I wanted to "mention" (get it) that on the ACP Options page, the addon option title is "User Tagging Improvements" vs "User Mentions Improvements"...not that I didn't figure it out.

I just figured it out - after you mention/tag a group, you can click the link and you get an overlay with the group members.

I was hoping to see a link somewhere, like maybe on the Members tab, where you could see the list of the group members. Is that possible to hack in manually or implement?

Also I wanted to "mention" (get it) that on the ACP Options page, the addon option title is "User Tagging Improvements" vs "User Mentions Improvements"...not that I didn't figure it out.
Whoops, missed a rename. The add-on was renamed as 1.5 renamed user tagging to user mentions.

Question @Xon:

"User group may be private, at which point only members can tag or view that group."

What is meant by "view" here? Is there someplace where one should be able to view a list of the users that are part of the usergroup, on the front end? I can't seem to find that...
It controls on if you can see the content of the group on hovering over the @Floyd R Turbo part for the group.

I just figured it out - after you mention/tag a group, you can click the link and you get an overlay with the group members.

I was hoping to see a link somewhere, like maybe on the Members tab, where you could see the list of the group members. Is that possible to hack in manually or implement?
It doesn't implement that, as it was a quick & dirty way to tag established groups (ie different batches of staff, my site has 30-40 people in half a dozen groups who can be tagged) and an easy way to check who you tagged by looking at the message.

I modified the return of bbcode for the user group color :cool::cool:
You must add in the Addon:D

PHP:
return $this->_wrapInHtml('<a href="'. htmlspecialchars($link).'" class="username ug" itemprop="name" data-usergroup="' . $userGroupId.','.htmlspecialchars($usergroupname).'"><span class="style'.$userGroupId.'">'.htmlspecialchars($usergroupname).'</span></a>');

@sampick69 I've chosen a different approach:

The class will be "username ug ug{$userGroupId}" on the link, do you require the <span> tag?
direct

direct

My result is very good :rolleyes:

Top Bottom