User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download
I've mentioned 8 users, I've taken a look at the email logs and noticed that just 4 emails are being sent.

Is there some kind of limit or filter?

I've mentioned 8 users, I've taken a look at the email logs and noticed that just 4 emails are being sent.

Is there some kind of limit or filter?
Users require having a user-group permission to get email notifications on mentions, and even then a user can opt-out of getting email notifications for mentions.

In this case they all have permission and that option enabled.

If I mention the 8 of them, the email is sent just to 4 of them.
If then I mention the other 4 in a new reply, the email is sent.

In this case they all have permission and that option enabled.

If I mention the 8 of them, the email is sent just to 4 of them.
If then I mention the other 4 in a new reply, the email is sent.
How are you tagging them? Individual members, a group?

Is this from a post/conversation/report?

I'll have a look this weekend, but more information would be great.

I'm tagging them individually, but all in the same post.

I took a look at the server logs and there are no errors.

thanks Xon for your plugin! A question regarding tagging of multiple usergroups: are there any limits due it's design for more than one group in one post (all settings to unlimited)?
For example I tested it on 7 usergroups with ~80 members in total (yeah, pretty optimistic ;) ) and here no alert at all was send out. One group with 39 was fine while next try with 2 groups (22 and 16 members) failed for group2.

thanks Xon for your plugin! A question regarding tagging of multiple usergroups: are there any limits due it's design for more than one group in one post (all settings to unlimited)?
For example I tested it on 7 usergroups with ~80 members in total (yeah, pretty optimistic ;) ) and here no alert at all was send out. One group with 39 was fine while next try with 2 groups (22 and 16 members) failed for group2.
There aren't any design limits, but the system respects the maximum allowed user mentioned per post and follows the same behaviour where it needs to be in the initial post. After a couple hundred to thousand users being tagged, the limit is how long it can send alerts before the user gets feedback that their posts has been posted.

Please make sure you didn't accidently disable user mentions for a user-group. I need to make that permission a harder to get wrong.

Please make sure you didn't accidently disable user mentions for a user-group. I need to make that permission a harder to get wrong.
yepp, that was an issue at first but found out before posting here ;)
maximum allowed user mentioned per post is set to unlimited

Another try with 2 usergroups, one 7 and 2nd 9 users. Tagging both groups in one post just reached 2nd group, none of first. Both groups mentioned in different posts work fine.
Changing the mentioned group order in post tags again the 2nd group properly. So both times the first is left out.

yepp, that was an issue at first but found out before posting here ;)
maximum allowed user mentioned per post is set to unlimited
Are you using the "Is Private" user-group feature anywhere? You require group membership or the "View Private Groups" moderator permission to even tag those groups.

Another try with 2 usergroups, one 7 and 2nd 9 users. Tagging both groups in one post just reached 2nd group, none of first. Both groups mentioned in different posts work fine.
Changing the mentioned group order in post tags again the 2nd group properly. So both times the first is left out.
I'm currently not able to reproduce it using those steps.

I tagged two separate groups, one with 5 users and the other with 10 users (with some overlap). All of the users where sent user mentions from my add-on into the XenForo core code.

Could you screenshot the two groups you are tagging, and the 'Analyze permissions' for the user doing the tagging via a conversation?

Do you have a test server you can reproduce this with? I can send you a debug build which will log tagged users per post. This will then allow confirming of exactly what users are being tagged when the groups are detected by my add-on.

I'm currently using the "Mini avatar with tag-add-on" to display a small avatar next to user tags inside posts, as such:

screen-shot-2014-10-27-at-3-57-21-pm-png.87574

It doesn't seem to work this this add-on (no image/avatar is showing up for tagged groups), most likely because there is no "admin" user from where the add-on can fetch an avatar/image. Could that be done? Or should I maybe ask the mini avatar developer about adding support for this add-on instead? I'm not sure who to ask really :)

This is only a minor thing of course. Thanks for a great add-on in any case. It works just as described/expected :)

Last edited:
Either could do it. One thing to keep in mind is it would require extra queries to get the group image. Which the mini-avatar avoids doing for normal users, which is why it doesn't support gravatar avatars.

I've updated to the latest version and noticed that the email has a ">" at the end of the phrase.
View content that mentioned you.>

upload_2015-11-18_12-16-27.webp

Xon updated User Mentions Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Maintenance update

• Fix typo in alert email.
  • Convert 'Disable User Mentions' to 'Enable User Mentions' permission
    • Defaults setup for any user group or node which had permissions to send user mentions or the former disable user mentions permission.
    • Ensures that user mentions will not be accidently disabled.
  • Fix permission check when the logged in user doesn't match the poster.
  • On uninstall, cleanup left over permissions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm currently using the "Mini avatar with tag-add-on" to display a small avatar next to user tags inside posts, as such:

screen-shot-2014-10-27-at-3-57-21-pm-png.87574

It doesn't seem to work this this add-on (no image/avatar is showing up for tagged groups), most likely because there is no "admin" user from where the add-on can fetch an avatar/image. Could that be done? Or should I maybe ask the mini avatar developer about adding support for this add-on instead? I'm not sure who to ask really :)

This is only a minor thing of course. Thanks for a great add-on in any case. It works just as described/expected :)

+1 for this! Would love to see the User Group Avatar as Mini Avatar with the tag.

Awesome add-on. Works great and helps users to tag the Staff or Admins for example, if they don't know anyone of that groups personally.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom