User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
i cannot get this to enable. permissions are set for admins, in my test ive set moderators as mentionable but when tagging the @group , nothing.
Ensure the following:
  • The user-group is marked as mentionable ("Is mentionable" on the edit user-group page).
  • The user sending the mentions has the following permissions:
    • "Maximum mention alerts" permission is large enough for the entire group (either unlimited or a largish value)
    • "[UMI] Mention user groups" is granted
    • "[UMI] Enable user mentions" is granted
  • The target user hasn't disabled mentions alerts
It is likely the group isn't mentionable or the "Maximum mention alerts" permission is too low.

Ensure the following:
  • The user-group is marked as mentionable ("Is mentionable" on the edit user-group page).
  • The user sending the mentions has the following permissions:
    • "Maximum mention alerts" permission is large enough for the entire group (either unlimited or a largish value)
    • "[UMI] Mention user groups" is granted
    • "[UMI] Enable user mentions" is granted
  • The target user hasn't disabled mentions alerts
It is likely the group isn't mentionable or the "Maximum mention alerts" permission is too low.

Group is mentionable (moderator)

1700390659980.png

Max mention alerts for is unlimited

1700390696120.png

mention permissions enabled

1700390746123.png

1700390763836.png

Temp group name set for test;

1700390885257.png

Calling the group

1700390913902.png

I must have missed something?

Had to disable "private" group option and it worked, despite being an admin.
This is an interaction with between the "private" group is set, the "[UMI] View private user groups" permission. and a few of the admincp options around preventing disclosure of private groups in the addon options.

Is it possible to change the usergroup names without changes ours in the ACP?

Our groups look like this:
1700434468684.webp

When I would tag a group, the whole nine yards is added. Which is a bit awkward.

Hey @Xon was having a hunt for an addon that would allow me to @ mention/tag my entire forum (or user group) at one time and saw your addon mentioned in a separate thread. I installed it successfully but can't find the settings on how I might enable that. Am I correct in thinking your addon has that functionality?

Hey @Xon was having a hunt for an addon that would allow me to @ mention/tag my entire forum (or user group) at one time and saw your addon mentioned in a separate thread. I installed it successfully but can't find the settings on how I might enable that. Am I correct in thinking your addon has that functionality?
You need to edit each user-group to allow mentioning, and then grant the @ user-group mention permission.

You can @ mention the regular users group. I would recommend making it private so others can't see all the members.

Top Bottom