XF 1.5 User import via PHPMyAdmin with CSV file

Freelancer

I finally managed to import users (testing) into the "xf_user" table via PHPMyAdmin import. I copied the entries from another user and adjusted them (new eMail, new user_id etc). It worked. So far, so good.

But:
When in the frontend, the user is only displayed as "guest" instead of having the user group ids reflected as setup in the database.

In the backend, I can not edit the user because if I click on the user from the user list, it jumps to the "create user" page and if I want to save changes, it follows an "user already exists" error... obviously.

What am I missing? Are there other tables in the database that have influence on the board recognizing a new user? Or is there a cron job that needs to be done first?

Please advise.

You can't import/create users like that as there are multiple tables involved per user.

It would require a custom script, which would correctly populate all of the relevant tables.

Thanks for the fast answer. When a plan sounds to good to be true, it is too good to be true... :unsure:
I need to import about 300 members. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited in regard of PHP and MySQL.

Top Bottom