XF 2.2 "User group promotions" - setting users "primary usergroup"

Hoib3rgA

Hy,
i'm new to xenforo, and need some help with the usergroup promotions.

Testuser details:
Primary usergroup; Group1
Secunfary usergroup: -

I created a "test" promotion, to see, what will happen with the usergroups of my testuser.
"Promotion options " => "Add user to user groups" => "Regsitered"
"Apply this promotion while..." => "User groups" => "Group1"

Running the cronjob manually, nothing happens to my testuser.
Waiting for the cronjob running automatically ... nothing happens to the testuser!
What am i doing wrong?

I'd like to move all my users (even not "admins" and "moderators"), who are not in the primary usergroup "registered" to move them back into the primary group "Registered".
How can i do this?

"Update"

It seams, that the promotion will just become active, if the user has logged in?
That will explain my first question.

If i'm right, please tell me, how i can change the "Primary Usergroup" of all Users?
I'd like to have all user in the usergroup "Registered", and after this, they should get "secundary permissions".

kr Chris

"Update"

It seams, that the promotion will just become active, if the user has logged in?
That will explain my first question.

If i'm right, please tell me, how i can change the "Primary Usergroup" of all Users?
I'd like to have all user in the usergroup "Registered", and after this, they should get "secundary permissions".

kr Chris

The right address for your request is here:
/admin.php?users/batch-update

1610630611000.png

Proceed...

1610630775686.webp

But go ahead! Check the options set and the groups concerned very carefully; the action can only be reversed with a backup

Last edited:
Top Bottom