1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 user group promotions seem to ot work for some reason

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by RamzanHD, Apr 23, 2016.

1. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

user group promotions seem to ot work for some reason

i made a group called chat i wanted to use the group for example someone has to get 3 posts to get to see the chat and ive made group and promotion but the promotion dfoesnt seem to work here are the screen shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i changed the error to you must have at least 3 posts *

2. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member

Did the cron run?

3. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

ahh whats that

4. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member

Promotions are run hourly by a cron, they are not instant.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

In addition, promotions only apply to recently active members (for performance reasons). For members who haven't been active recently any promotions will be applied when they next log in,

6. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

how do i prevent that happenong it really is annoying :(

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Rebuild the user group promotions cache in the ACP (use the search to find it) to apply the promotions to everyone now. After that though, as I said in my last post:

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What's annoying about it? It's not totally clear what the issue is here.

ozzy47 likes this.
  9. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

im soo confused :(
    Martok saying somethin else ur saying theres no issue :(

10. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member

It's really not annoying. Let's take this scenario:

You site has been up for two months. Yesterday you set up the promotion once a user reaches three posts. Now, within a hour, any one that has been active within the past two hours, gets promoted.

Anyone that has not been active in the past two hours does not get promoted. They will get promoted once they become active again and the cron runs.

If that does not suit your needs, you need to hire someone to make a addon for you to do what you wish.

wang likes this.
  11. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

ohhhhhhhh

12. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You sound kind of suprised, or disappointed? But the same thing applies to all platforms. Anything that an user wants, that can not be done with the built in features of said platform, it will need custom developement.

ozzy47 likes this.
  13. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

no i got confused because i misread it lmao i trought it was an bug sorry guys my bad