Add-on Custom Primary Usergroup Change Automation

Graham Smith

I’m currently looking for someone to write an add-on for our xenForo forum which is (and normally is) running the very latest version.

We have two main primary usergroups “2” and “13”.

When I run this new add-on, I want to turn all the people in primary usergroup “13” back to primary usergroup “2"

I will then place a .csv file on our server with the following fields…

“username”, “forename”, “surname”, “e-mail address”, “membership number”, “email address”

The add-on will then compare the contents of the .csv file against the contents of our forum database, and then, if the contents of both match exactly, then the user is turned into a member of primary usergroup “13”.

Eventually, this add-on will need developing so that instead of looking at a .csv file, it’ll look at a database on another server, but for the time being, I’ll be happy to just get this working off a .csv file that can be uploaded on a monthly basis.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Its because @Graham Smith mentioned about primary groups.
We have two main primary usergroups “2” and “13”.
When I run this new add-on, I want to turn all the people in primary usergroup “13” back to primary usergroup “2"
Also, How can we do it automated or other queries, Please check the conversation.
Thanks

Its because @Graham Smith mentioned about primary groups.

Also, How can we do it automated or other queries, Please check the conversation.
Thanks
I'm perfectly aware of what he said, but XF's permissions is designed around the concept of having Registered User as your primary group, and add additional permissions with secondary user groups.

Top Bottom