XF 2.1 User Group Promotions Issue

IFireflyl

I'm running 2.1.4 and I can't seem to get the User Group Promotions to work.
  1. I changed the Registered name to "Newbie". This is what people default to when they register.
  2. I then made a second User Group titled Novice Poster.
  3. I then went to the User Group Promotions section and created the Novice Poster promotion.
In the Promotion Options section I have this:
  • Title: Novice Poster
  • Promotion is active: Ticked
  • Add to user groups: Novice Poster
In the Apply This Promotion While... section I have this:
  • User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: Administrative, Banned Users, Moderating, Super Moderators, Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  • Content and achievements:
    • User has posted at least X messages: 10
    • User has posted no more than X messages: 49
There is nothing selected in the User Field Criteria section.

The goal was that at 10 posts the Newbie user would automatically be promoted to Novice Poster. I then created a new user and tested this by posting 10 times. That user still has the Newbie title. I ran the User Group Promotions Cron, and I rebuilt the User and User Group Promotions caches. It did not change the user group. I saw where someone said they have to be active recently. I wasn't sure how often "recently" was, so I re-logged in as that user to see if it would promote at that time. No dice. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Go back and change it to where
User is a member of any of the selected user groups:
and highlight Newbie

Then remove
User has posted no more than X messages: 49

The reason for this is I'm assuming your next user promotion is set for 50 messages.

This is the way I have it setup for a usergroup promotion for our forum and it works just fine.

It turns out this was all my fault again (which I figured, hence why I didn't post in the bug reporting section). I needed to set the User Group setting for Newbie to "Use the default user title ladder". I wasn't editing that ladder, and I had both Newbie and Novice Poster set to use their own title, but the Newbie one was overriding the Novice Poster I guess. It turns out the test user I created WAS a member of the Novice Poster group, but I wasn't aware of it because I saw "Newbie" next to the name and just assumed it wasn't part of the group. Thanks for trying to help, though! I have to say, the community support has been vastly better than over at vBulletin (what I was using prior to coming back to Xenforo).

Top Bottom