XF 1.5 User group promotions cron not running as expected

jflory7

Hello,

On my website, I have a simple group promotion that is run when a user meets the following criteria:
  • Posted 100+ threads
  • Registered for 90+ days
  • Received 50+ post ratings (add-on feature)
04b4b3f898097b961f7da927ffc08cef.png

After meeting the criteria, they are added to a new group. I have verified the promotion is active.
9473fc1d7b86967286cdca711cd65ada.png

I have a user who meets these criteria, but the website is not appearing to automatically add the new user group to his account. I tried going to the Cron Entries page and manually running User Group Promotions but that did not seem to take any affect (it also seemed to run very quickly, after about a second or two it alerted me that it was complete).

be3eed1763f2751be662a9ac07fb6970.png

Looking at the user's account, I am unsure as to why the promotion is not being ran. Is there anything that seems off on my end or misconfigured? I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this for what the problem might be.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

- jflory7​

The cron only updates users active very recently (within the last few hours). If you want to run promotions on all users, you should use the option under rebuild caches.

The cron only updates users active very recently (within the last few hours). If you want to run promotions on all users, you should use the option under rebuild caches.
Thanks for the reply, Mike. If that's true, then I think this user should have met the criteria for the cron (this particular user logs on regularly each day). I also tried rebuilding user promotions via Rebuild Caches but the user is still not in the right group (the group I want him to be in is Activity Perks).

7b2c7ae8c3ad330b156e8a5e90df3c55.png

Any ideas?

If you go into the promotion system and click manage promoted users, you can search the promotion history. Just to confirm, do you see anything for this user? Do you see other people being promoted by this?

An important aspect here is that your promotion is using a criteria for an add-on, so we don't know if that's functioning correctly. We'd need you to trigger this issue with only built in criteria to eliminate add-on variables.

If you go into the promotion system and click manage promoted users, you can search the promotion history. Just to confirm, do you see anything for this user? Do you see other people being promoted by this?
It appears that members are getting the promotion.
88a29edfff46fa425e2f9f31697ecdc1.png

This particular user did seem to be promoted for the email verification, however.
d9bfbb8384fb48efdb1fd4789b8678ca.png

An important aspect here is that your promotion is using a criteria for an add-on, so we don't know if that's functioning correctly. We'd need you to trigger this issue with only built in criteria to eliminate add-on variables.
I wonder if maybe the post ratings aren't being calculated correctly for the rank promotion. I can try rebuilding that cache and see if it makes any difference.

Top Bottom