XF 1.1 User Group Promotion problem

Jeff Fuqua

I'm having problems with User Group Promotions.

When someone joins, they enter the Registered group which has limited access. I have the display styling priority set to 5. Once they post 5 times, they become a full Member which set to 25.

However, the permissions seem to stay with the Registered permissions though I have verified the promotion has worked. In looking at their profile, they remain set with the user group "Registered" with a check on the secondary group "Member".

Are they supposed to be changed over to user group "Member"? What am I missing? Thanks.

The problem is just the user title?

Assuming the individual users don't have custom titles in their profiles (which would override), then try running this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches

The problem is just the user title?

Assuming the individual users don't have custom titles in their profiles (which would override), then try running this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches
Thanks for the reply.

Is the main user title supposed to change? I rebuilt the user cache and nothing changed there. The promotion record shows the promotion was made but only a few of the permissions seem to change and not all. I have to manually change the title for it to work.

The promotions are handled by a cron that runs every hour. You may wish to manually run it to force immediate promotions:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. If you want to process all users regardless of activity then you need to use this updated version of the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cron-running-out-of-memory.31541/#post-362657

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.

In this case, this user had been active. Here are a couple of screen shots to better explain:

Here is what is set for newly registered members...

registerpermissions.webp

And here is what the setting are for a full member...

registerpermissions.webp

And a look at the promotion I set up to do it...

promo.webppromo2.webp

Even after the promotions is run, the user group remains "registered" but a check is marked as "member". Member is set to 25. Registered is 5. But they are still unable to start threads or "high five" (like).

Thanks.

Attachments

• memberpermissions.webp
    memberpermissions.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom