User Activity by Xon

User Activity by Xon 1.6.7

No permission to download
This add-on is coded to either use my Redis cache add-on, or to fallback to using MySQL. Redis avoids hitting MySQL with simple queries which don't need the full ACID transnational semantics.

This add-on is coded to either use my Redis cache add-on, or to fallback to using MySQL. Redis avoids hitting MySQL with simple queries which don't need the full ACID transnational semantics.
So without Redis it will still work okay? It won't be "slow" or cause high CPU? I'm on an 8 core AMD CPU (fully dedicated).

Okay, got it installed. But exactly how does it work? I see nothing different on my forum. Does it only "do" something when someone is actually viewing a forum the same time as you? Is it more geared towards larger forums with a lot of activity?

So without Redis it will still work okay? It won't be "slow" or cause high CPU? I'm on an 8 core AMD CPU (fully dedicated).
Should work fine.

Okay, got it installed. But exactly how does it work? I see nothing different on my forum. Does it only "do" something when someone is actually viewing a forum the same time as you? Is it more geared towards larger forums with a lot of activity?
Make sure the "View users who are viewing content" permission has been granted.

After that it'll add a "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: XX, Guests: YY)" Then a list of names or similar at the bottom of the thread by default.

Make sure the "View users who are viewing content" permission has been granted.

After that it'll add a "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: XX, Guests: YY)" Then a list of names or similar at the bottom of the thread by default.
Ah. I always forget to check that. Works great, thanks!! :D

Just a great addon, thank you, @Xon!

Could you please add an option in AdminCP for thread listing? Same as this for thread viewing:
1527154351393.webp

At the moment, it's above thread list, but it would be nice to have it below. Especially, since I set it below quick reply for threads and it is shown below conversation on conversation pages. So everywhere bewlow would be more consistent.

EDIT

Is the avatar listing in thread list a relict of the RainDD addon?
See here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...sers-viewed-viewing-thread.74111/post-1254468

In any case, it would be fine to have the avatars showing up in thread list and if they do, an option to put them below list would be great :D

Last edited:
Just a great addon, thank you, @Xon!

Could you please add an option in AdminCP for thread listing? Same as this for thread viewing:
View attachment 176258

At the moment, it's above thread list, but it would be nice to have it below. Especially, since I set it below quick reply for threads and it is shown below conversation on conversation pages. So everywhere bewlow would be more consistent.
Currently it just is added to the top of the thread list.

If you disable forum_view "Adds activity containers (list)" template modification, and inject the code <xen:include template="RainDD_UA_ThreadViewContainer" /> where you want, you can easily move where the box is shown in the forum view.

EDIT

Is the avatar listing in thread list a relict of the RainDD addon?
See here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...sers-viewed-viewing-thread.74111/post-1254468

In any case, it would be fine to have the avatars showing up in thread list and if they do, an option to put them below list would be great :D
I'ld recommend re-installing my add-on after uninstalling the raindd version.

Currently it just is added to the top of the thread list.
If you disable forum_view "Adds activity containers (list)" template modification, and inject the code <xen:include template="RainDD_UA_ThreadViewContainer" /> where you want, you can easily move where the box is shown in the forum view.

Thank you @Xon, I will.
Maybe you can add this option later to the XF2 version.

Thanks for keeping the addon up-to-date for XF2!

The XF2 add-on needs the 'view count' on threadlists bits finished being added, got stuck with a pile of paid work which pushed it tot he site so I just never got around to finishing it yet. It is planned!

Would it be possible to have a seperate 'Online-Status Timeout' for the add-on? This way you can keep it lower then the xf default for correcter visitor count in forums/threads. Like 5 minutes, same as cron run.

Great add-on @Xon. What kinda performance hit are we looking at using MySQL over Redis? I'm using a Bitnami LAMP stack (AWS Lightsail) and it doesn't seem possible to install a Redis server on initial googling.

Cheers

Last edited:
Quite minor, as it is ~2 additional query per page supported (one to add the stats, the other to display). More queries if you propagate to that activity to parent containers, but they are very lightweight queries for low usage

Quite minor, as it is ~2 additional query per page supported (one to add the stats, the other to display). More queries if you propagate to that activity to parent containers, but they are very lightweight queries for low usage
Excellent. How would I move the "uaViewerCount" span out of the <h3> on the forum homepage? (node_forum_level_2 and ua_forum_view_container)

Edit: No big deal actually, I can style just the <a> within the separately from the <span> created by the add-on. (The issue was I set my h3 to underline which was underlining the span too, it looked rubbish).

Last edited:
I'ld recommend styling, as moving the html around for the view count is a bit painful due to various complexities of the page layout

Hello, long time user of your add-ons and I've been waiting for this to be converted for XF2. Any updates? Thank you!

Top Bottom