Use Full Friendly URLs option not working

gginni

Hi,

When I check "Use Full Friendly URLs" option and try to browse my forum then I'm getting error page..

Can anyone tell me what should be the content of .htaccess file for this option to work?

Possible causes of friendly URLs not working (usually manifests as "404 not found" error on forum pages):

1) The .htaccess file is not in place in your forum directory.

2) Sometimes you need to specify RewriteBase in your .htaccess file (specify the name of your forum directory):

RewriteBase /xenforo

3) Your server doesn't have mod_rewrite installed. Consult with your host about this.

4) Your server doesn't have AllowOverride enabled:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride

Consult with your host about this.

Well it is working but with wordpress as my home page it is creating problems.. I have wordpress in outer directory with .htaccess file in wordpress. That .htaccess file have below content:-

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

And then I have forum directory and .htaccess within that forum directory. .htaccess file within forum directory have below content:-

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

If I delete the .htacess file which is in outer directory then Use full friendly URL option works fine but after deleting wordpress htaccess, my wordpress URLs like pagination stops working. And if I don't delete that then Use full friendly URL option doesn't work. Any thread click redirects me to home page which is my wordpress.

Please guide me what should I do?

Top Bottom