XF 2.2 "Use Full Friendly URLs" somewhat working somewhat broken?

KensonPlays

So I looked on the "already asked" but I could not find an answer to this.

I'm trying to get "Full friendly URLs" enabled, but if I turn it on, it like, partially works, and partially doesn't? Not sure what's going on there.

I can navigate to the Forums, Media, Members tabs and stuff like that no issue. But if I try navigating FROM any page (media/members/whats new/etc) to an article thread that I have set as the "Home" button, it bugs out and simply adds the old format to it for some reason, like so:
ubs/index.php?home
I do have a route filter set to threads like so:
1690350247492.png

When I click the logo (customized default XF style), it does load the homepage just fine, zero issues. From Forums -> Home button on menu, it also loads fine. But when I try going from like XF media gallery, Members, "what's new," and similar, it does the weird "pagename/index.php?home" (like media/index.php?home)

What exactly is going on?

Here's the htaccess. Xenforo is installed in ROOT directory:
Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo
    RewriteBase /

#    This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Here's my "basic board options" section with the URLs
1690350570303.webp

TLDR: It was mostly a simple case of an missing / in my page routes.

I feel that the page routes ACP page, or the help pages on this site, could explain it a bit better so similar issues like this don't happen again.

The "Replace with" field doesn't mention a trailing slash in that part of the new route filter menu. A simple addition to an upcoming update of XF that could reduce this simple but super easily overlooked issue, haha.

Top Bottom