XF 2.2 Friendly URLs Not Working

Hello -
We're having some difficulty in getting Friendly URLs to work.

We have mod_rewrite installed and turned on
We've adjusted the directory path in the Rewritebase section of the .htaccess file
We've confirmed that AllowOverride is set to All

When we turn on Friendly URLs, the homepage works fine, but clicking on a post leads to a 500 error. Any ideas?

The server error log should contain entries for the 500 errors which will help to identify the cause.
Thank you, it was your suggestion to check the error.log that uncovered the problem. Sadly, it was more basic. I have never used a .htaccess for anything but authusers, and have put all rewrites directly in the httpd.conf for 30 some years. I stupidly didn't have "AllowOverride All" in the <Directory> section for xenforo's virtual, so they were unable to do a RewriteEngine On. Once I did that and commented the RewriteBase back out as shipped. It started working for everything but the hover on the forum/thread page which broke inexplicably. Still looking at that. But they were able to turn on the User Friendly URLs. Still have not identified that the thread title hover breaking was actually caused by flipping on User Friendly URLs, but it broke simultaneously to enabling them.

Thank you again.

Top Bottom