XF 1.5 Upload completes, then 500 error

xenTheory

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.5, and since then uploads complete (as shown in console) but then fail with the "There was a problem uploading your file."

I've tested 1MB, 50MB, 250MB, and 500MB files (server limit and XenForo limit is 2GB). There have been no php configuration changes.

I've attached a screenshot to show the console output.

Attachments

• upload-issue.webp
    upload-issue.webp
    103 KB · Views: 7
Could you try it again with the Flash uploader disabled? Sometimes this can mask a more detailed error message.

It appears to have been a minor hiccup - I've tested a 50MB file and it's now working (Flash uploader). I'm just testing a 500MB file to see how large items are handled, and if that fails I'll try your suggestion and report back.

Cheers

Anyone for hire? I need help! I have no clue as to do all of this. My forum has been down 3 weeks now stuck in the install model. I get an error 500 when I try to do last install part.

As I said in your ticket, it's unrelated to the upgrade - you said yourself it was erroring before you attempted to upgrade.

Any POST request is immediately generating the 500 error

It's a fundamental server config issue/error.

I agree, I just need someone to log into my server to fix it.
Are you on a shared hosting account or VPS/dedi?
If shared, have your hosting provider check the error logs (server and PHP).
If on VPS/dedi... then did you set it up yourself or have someone do it? And are you using a panel to configure it?

I had someone else do it. But do have access to the server. It is a VPS.
They just did it all as a part of one folder, instead of setting up its own cpanel, which made it confusing to me as my host kept saying go to Xenforo, but I knew Brogan was correct.

I did get it resolved and was on the server end. I appreciate everyone's help!

Top Bottom