1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Upload completes, then 500 error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by xenTheory, Dec 8, 2015.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.5, and since then uploads complete (as shown in console) but then fail with the "There was a problem uploading your file."

I've tested 1MB, 50MB, 250MB, and 500MB files (server limit and XenForo limit is 2GB). There have been no php configuration changes.

I've attached a screenshot to show the console output.

Attached Files:

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Could you try it again with the Flash uploader disabled? Sometimes this can mask a more detailed error message.

3. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

It appears to have been a minor hiccup - I've tested a 50MB file and it's now working (Flash uploader). I'm just testing a 500MB file to see how large items are handled, and if that fails I'll try your suggestion and report back.

Cheers

4. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

The 500MB files has uploaded without issue. You can mark this as resolved.

Thank you for your reply.

5. kortia

kortia Member

Anyone for hire? I need help! I have no clue as to do all of this. My forum has been down 3 weeks now stuck in the install model. I get an error 500 when I try to do last install part.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As I said in your ticket, it's unrelated to the upgrade - you said yourself it was erroring before you attempted to upgrade.

Any POST request is immediately generating the 500 error

It's a fundamental server config issue/error.

7. kortia

kortia Member

I agree, I just need someone to log into my server to fix it.

8. kortia

kortia Member

I was working fine and then poof error 500.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Are you on a shared hosting account or VPS/dedi?
    If shared, have your hosting provider check the error logs (server and PHP).
    If on VPS/dedi... then did you set it up yourself or have someone do it? And are you using a panel to configure it?

10. kortia

kortia Member

I had someone else do it. But do have access to the server. It is a VPS.
    They just did it all as a part of one folder, instead of setting up its own cpanel, which made it confusing to me as my host kept saying go to Xenforo, but I knew Brogan was correct.

I did get it resolved and was on the server end. I appreciate everyone's help!