Upgrading XenForo license

RG70Hz

I bought a license back in 2013 version 1.2.9. If I purchase the extension will I get access to the newer xenforo? Is there an option to purchase a license for the newer xenforo? permanently ?

If you renew your license now you will be able to download the latest versions for one year, currently version 2.2.12.
After the 12 months of validity have elapsed you can still use the license as long as you want but to benefit from new versions and support by ticket then you will have to renew again.

Another solution: XenForo Cloud.

If you renew your license now you will be able to download the latest versions for one year, currently version 2.2.12.
At the end of the year you can still use the license as long as you want but to benefit from new versions and support by ticket then you will have to renew again.

Another solution: XenForo Cloud.
Thank you. If I want to purchase the license it's $160 I believe. Upgrading is only $55 so I may do that for now.

You already have a license so just renew it.
This requires me having to pay $55 each year when I could pay $160 and have it perm. I know it won't be updated. I don't use this full time. I am a student and this is just a side project I do for fun as I enjoy tinkering with these kind of things. If it became more serious at some point then yeah I wouldn't mind but for now this is just for fun so im trying to be as cheap as possible.
Ive been trying to configure my old xenforo to test on my home server but it requires php5.x. I am currently trying to install the older version to test it before spending any money. If I like it and think I will use it more, then yeah I'll upgrade.
Thanks for you help.

I probably misspoke: the $160 is to buy a new license, it allows you to use the software for life but will require a renewal in 12 months to benefit from new updates and ticket support. You already have a license, just renew it to find the same advantages (no more and no less) than a newly purchased license.

This requires me having to pay $55 each year when I could pay $160 and have it perm. I know it won't be updated. I don't use this full time. I am a student and this is just a side project I do for fun as I enjoy tinkering with these kind of things. If it became more serious at some point then yeah I wouldn't mind but for now this is just for fun so im trying to be as cheap as possible.
Ive been trying to configure my old xenforo to test on my home server but it requires php5.x. I am currently trying to install the older version to test it before spending any money. If I like it and think I will use it more, then yeah I'll upgrade.
Thanks for you help.
You're not force to renew every year. After your license expires you can still run your community just fine. The only thing you lose access to is ticket support and software updates. When you're ready for new updates or require ticket support, you can renew then.

You're not force to renew every year. After your license expires you can still run your community just fine. The only thing you lose access to is ticket support and software updates. When you're ready for new updates or require ticket support, you can renew then.
I meant force in terms of not having a perm license. I should have worded that better.

To renew license go to xenforo website > account > login with email address and password of your account > licences > renew licence > download latest version
Then head to your cpanel host and upgrade your site.

Top Bottom