Upgraded to 1.2.4 today

I have noticed one glaring issue that wasnt mentioned...

All header text (sidebar headers, navbars, subnavs, etc) used to be bold in the previous version. Now they are not.

Another flawless upgrade! Timed it this time! Took 100 seconds to upload zip, unzip files, move files to live install, run upgrade script, merge 1 template (page_container) AND PEE! HA!

Thanks crew!

Also updated from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 today, was smooth as usual. After upgrade ACP has some errors logged related to deferred. I deleted it instead of being smart and posting it here... but it was just during uploading files so I ignored it.

Upgrading xenForo is always simple and fun, never do you have the fear of anything going wrong.

Upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2.4 without even doing a DB backup. Foolish I know, but that just tells you how confident I am in the software that I didn't even think to backup. ;)

It's not foolish, man. I do the same. I have every confidence in KMA. :)

I must admit I just did the same - system upgrade w/o a db backup... My host does automated backups ever 2 hours though so even if something didn't I would have been able to recover virtually everything anyway. Everything went smoothly regardless. :)

The whole thing only took 6 minutes!

I upgraded yesterday, just had to merge 2 templates, nothing broke, no real changes done just a few functionality things i think with the two templates, but overall, painless upgrade! :D

I was still in the vB mindset, so :
  • I made a list of every modified template
  • I went through the XF 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, and 1.2.4 release notes and saw which ones would be affected
  • I copy-pasted all my customized templates to a text file
  • I ran the 1.2.4 install.
  • I expected to have to revert those templates and then pick through and figure out what changed and make my same changes again.
Instead, I just reviewed the changes, merged the template changes with the click of a button and it worked perfectly. All told, it was like 10 clicks to upgrade from XF 1.2 to 1.2.4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom