Upgrade to DefendXenForo/Error on login attempt

Elizabeth

One of the sites I have on my server is the DefendXenForo site.

A little background:
Peggy volunteered her copy of XF (beta 2) but about 2 weeks ago, let us know she was going to be using it the first of the year.
Found a replacement in the group of us but because I had other things going on when he sent it to me, beta 4 came out as well. So I had his beta 3 and 4.

After copying the database, I uploaded them in order and was going thru the upgrade. It worked, I thought but trying to log into the admin panel now gives us this error:
Not Found
The requested URL /forum/login/login was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

We have other issues as well but those are style related and can be fixed.

I have the error log from the cpanel if that is any help.

Brogan, I can access the admin login but in logging in, we get the above error. So no, we can't get to the ACP.

This was the original install but we went thru two different owner copies of XenForo. I have a full copy of xf beta 4 thanks to Jon and can reupload the sql file to the database to recreate it if necessary.

Brogan, I can access the admin login but in logging in, we get the above error. So no, we can't get to the ACP.

This was the original install but we went thru two different owner copies of XenForo. I have a full copy of xf beta 4 thanks to Jon and can reupload the sql file to the database to recreate it if necessary.

You have a permission error .. check your .htaccess file and your files permissions

You have a permission error .. check your .htaccess file and your files permissions
Okay, I know the permissions on the folders loaded are correct. Data and internal_data are cmod'ed 777

This is the error I have in my log file: [Wed Dec 08 19:08:53 2010] [error] [client] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/login, referer: http://www.defendxenforo.org/forum/

As to the .htaccess??? I have a couple, and the permissions look right but how do I know for sure.

Okay, I know the permissions on the folders loaded are correct. Data and internal_data are cmod'ed 777

This is the error I have in my log file: [Wed Dec 08 19:08:53 2010] [error] [client] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/login, referer: http://www.defendxenforo.org/forum/

As to the .htaccess??? I have a couple, and the permissions look right but how do I know for sure.
you shouldn't have a couple !! .. oh you mean inside the root and what other folder ? .... My suggestion is to reupload the entire thing all over again (the upgrade package)

Can you post the contents of your .htaccess file(s)?
Removing any private data which might be in there, such as IP addresses, etc.

install>data
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

install>templates>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

internal_data
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

library
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

My own forum reads the same way and I have no issues over there.

I mean the .htaccess file in your forum root directory.
It should look something like this:
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

I just want to check the basics first to make sure everything's as it should be.

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

And no, I didn't copy yours, that is what it says.

Okay, on the off chance that something got fubar'ed in the upload, I reuploaded the .htaccess file to the root and bingo, it works.
That's a bit odd.
I can only assume there was some sort of corruption or other problem with the file then.

Still, it's working and that's the main thing.

Top Bottom