1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP error on registration page after upgrade to Beta 5

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by projectego, Dec 17, 2010.

1. projectego

projectego Active Member

Hi folks,

I performed a quick search but it looks as though I'm the only one with this problem, presently. After performing an upgrade from Beta 4 to Beta 5 on each of my three XenForo installations, users are now met with a nasty PHP error message when attempting to register. The error reads:

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv_get_encoding() in /home/*snip*/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 520
    As mentioned before: This is affecting each of my three XF-powered forums and I was only made aware of it today when someone actually notified me.

If someone were able to provide any insight into the problem and, preferably, fix it then I'd be forever grateful. Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

That's a function from the "iconv" extension for PHP.
    Did you mistakenly disable that extension?

Can you download & run the requirements test script from: http://xenforo.com/purchase/?

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Indeed Iconv is a required extension - the requirements script should error, though oddly I think the upgrade should've error'd too.

4. Teddy Scott

Teddy Scott Active Member

Your Hostname.php on line 520
    Should look something like this:
    Code:
    (end($domainParts) == '公司') || (end($domainParts) == '网络')) {
    make sure your Validate directory chmod is 775.
    Let us know.