An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later -> After Upgrading To PHP 5.

Thanks a lot folks! Recompiling memcached for PHP solved the error. The site seems to be working fine. Will perform upgrade on my live server soon :-).
Yeah, if you upgrade your PHP version, any extra things installed via PECL need to be recompiled as PHP looks for the .so files in a different directory. There should have been something in the apache error logs saying that the module couldn't be loaded.

I followed Mike's steps and everything worked fine. LightSpeed started on its own after I completed the steps. Everything went well and I noticed that the web pages were loading slower than Apache. So I tried to see the settings in the Admin interface of LightSpeed. Unfortunately, the web admin panel did not allow me to login (the page would not load!).

So I switched over to Apache, made sure everything worked fine and then tried switching back to LightSpeed. Unfortunately, lightspeed's throwing 500 Internal Server Error since then.

Apache works fine though.

I followed Mike's steps and everything worked fine. LightSpeed started on its own after I completed the steps. Everything went well and I noticed that the web pages were loading slower than Apache. So I tried to see the settings in the Admin interface of LightSpeed. Unfortunately, the web admin panel did not allow me to login (the page would not load!).

So I switched over to Apache, made sure everything worked fine and then tried switching back to LightSpeed. Unfortunately, lightspeed's throwing 500 Internal Server Error since then.

Apache works fine though.

In WHM go to Service Configuration » Configure PHP and suEXEC, set your handler to fcgi and make sure suexec and ruid2 are both off

In WHM go to Service Configuration » Configure PHP and suEXEC, set your handler to fcgi and make sure suexec and ruid2 are both off

Mike, those issues have been solved. CrazyEngineers is now officially on LightSpeed. It was eAccelerator that was causing problem.

I've the VPS 2 license (< 8GB RAM) and that prevents me from using LightSpeed internal cache. I had memcache enabled on Apache. Did that thing still works under LightSpeed? Do I need special configurations?

Can Memcache be configured with LightSpeed? Can it be done through the WHM plugin?

It's configured in your start string

memcached -d -u nobody -m 1024 -p 11211 127.0.0.1

which is...

memcached -d -u [user] -m [memory size] -p [port] [listening IP]

Mike, those issues have been solved. CrazyEngineers is now officially on LightSpeed. It was eAccelerator that was causing problem.

I've the VPS 2 license (< 8GB RAM) and that prevents me from using LightSpeed internal cache. I had memcache enabled on Apache. Did that thing still works under LightSpeed? Do I need special configurations?

internal cache doesn't work well with xenForo anyway, we have ours disabled and give clients choice of Memcache or APC instead.

internal cache doesn't work well with xenForo anyway, we have ours disabled and give clients choice of Memcache or APC instead.

Okay cool. Everything's setup well I guess. How do I know xenForo is actually benefitting from Memcache? Is there any way to verify that all the optimisations are actually being used by XenForo (especially, Memcache)?

Okay cool. Everything's setup well I guess. How do I know xenForo is actually benefitting from Memcache? Is there any way to verify that all the optimisations are actually being used by XenForo (especially, Memcache)?

Telnet into your memcached port, and type "stats"

Or, if you have netcat installed,

echo stats | nc [ip] [port]

I am trying to run a SSH PHP CLI script and get the same error.

Any idea how to fix this?

Top Bottom