XF 1.5 Upgrade Question - For further understanding

Hey,

first of all - where can I see the Versionnumber of Xenforo which is at the moment installed in my Webspace? I mean.. I cannot see the Version in the Admin menu it seems. I installed it around march, but did not bother to write down the version i installed ;)

Second - I read in the upgrade howto, that the process is to simply overwrite the Xenforo files and ask the Installer do the upgrade. What I do not understand are the information about Templates and Styles. I am using a Free Style called GamePro made from someone here in the community as base and modfied a couple of Templates of it for my needs. - Does the Update touch this custom Style? In my old VB3 I did not have to bother with my Forum Style when I upgraded my Installation with the latest fixes.
And if yes - what is this merging the howto is talking about?

Thanks
Tim

sbj

The version number should be written down in your ACP on bottom if I remember it correctly.

Do you want to upgrade your installation to the newest 1.5x branch, or to 2.0x? That makes a lot of different.

Before you do anything, backup your files and database first, so in case of something going wrong you are safe.

Upgrading to the newest 1.5x shouldnt make a difference for your style normally. However upgrading to 2.0x means none of your addons or styles will work.

ozzy47

Another exception to the rule would depend on what version you are upgrading from. No way a style written for v1.3 would work on v1.5 fully.

Sorry - was not in town for a couple of days.
We are using 1.5 - and using a Style that is written for 1.5 according to the Ressources Page.
What are GDPR features?