XF 1.2 Upgrade from 1.15 to 1.21 Errors - Problem #2

DaiAku

After a first failed attempt to up grade to 1.21 by not successfully turning off all add-ons. I followed the instructions to properly disable TMS and nade certain that all other add-ons are disabled.

I am now getting the following problems with rebuilding caches:

Processing Continue.webp
I have to continue to hit continue over and over again until the process finishes. I assume there are some errors that are not being shown (using firefox browser) but not sure.

How do we proceed from this? Something is incorrect and we dont know what it is.

Thanks

It's actually not uncommon for some servers to need constantly refreshing before they will complete the process.

Usually what happens is the server reaches some sort of limit, maybe a timeout or memory limit or some such.

It then stops. But everything is coded in such a way that it can often resume the last step from where it left off. So ultimately if you have to refresh it a few times, as long as you eventually get to the Complete Upgrade screen, you're safe to proceed.

After you do so, some of the errors *might* be logged in the Admin CP > Server Error Logs but for more detail, you or your hosts should consult the Apache/PHP error logs on the server.

The "continue" button usually indicates that some files haven't been uploaded properly (as it only happens if the JS isn't running as expected).

The "continue" button usually indicates that some files haven't been uploaded properly (as it only happens if the JS isn't running as expected).

Thanks Mike! We did initially have upload issues with filezilla to the server but we limited the number for concurrent file uploads to 1 and that resolved the problem except for a single create directory error:

2013-09-01 19:23:15 7312 1 Error: mkdir /var/app/current/public_html/
forums/library/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http: failure
2013-09-01 19:23:15 7312 1 Command: mkdir "/var/app/current/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http"
2013-09-01 19:23:15 7312 1 Error: mkdir /var/app/current/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http: failure

We thought this occurred because the directory was empty and already there from a previous copy attempt and everything was ok.

We are missing some icons in the editor - here is what it looks like on our staging server

editor icons missing.webp
We did a file health check and that gave us no errors

healtcheck.webp

We are not sure where to go from here.

cleardot.gif

Thanks Chris - we are using an old style that we planned to update. We will create a default style and go from there and see if that resolves the problem.

Top Bottom