XF 1.5 Upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.5.24 image proxy broken

Temexter

Hello folks!

Like said in topic, after i tested XF upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.5.24 image proxy went haywire.

1565141222516.png

Example image (the one on top of the page):
Proxy log shows image is ok in proxy:

1565140998246.png

No errors in server log.

This seems to affect only images hosted on our server, in http://prteamwork.com/images.

I'd like to point out again, that the "dev"site cloned from our prod site works flawlessly, problem occurs only after XF version upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.5.24.

Dev site is passworded with .htpasswd.

This issue is preventing us from continuing upgrade project, which is already far on overtime as we haven't had the resources (time) to tackle this challenge earlier and maybe been lazy - that's, i suppose typical in non-profit organizations ;)

I already sent a ticket to XF, but unfortunately checked the EOL info and "We will continue to support version 1.5 until May 31, 2019" :(

So looking forward to hear from some wizard™, or anyone™ willing to help me :)

Edit:

1565150734201.png

Last edited:
Bump. Hey folks, we are really busted. We can't upgrade our ancient version to 1.4.24 as forum is usable when it does not show proxied images hosted on our own server and can't disable image proxy because of HTTP links on forum then causing site to be shown as "insecure" in browsers - not an option definitely. And no support for 1.x from XF as you all know :/

Fixed. Got guided by XF support to this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/image-proxy-issues.130998/

Many bucketfuls of thanks for assistance, will be grateful till the doomsday as this was blocking our upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.5.24 - finally, it's 5 years old, and now we can start planning upgrade to latest 2.x in fall.

The issue was someone™ had added our domain name prteamwork.com to /etc/hosts:
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost prteamwork.com mail.prteamwork.com eu2
which caused XF to try to fetch images from localhost and failing.

So our mistake, quite shameful, i'm not happy nor proud :(

Anyroad, issue fixed and resolution posted here, for future reference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom