Upgrade Coupons by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Upgrade Coupons by Waindigo - Make coupons to give discounts to your members user upgrades

Add the ability for coupons to be created in the Admin Control Panel to be used when your members purchase there account upgrades.

Email or post your coupon codes to members so they can use them as a discount when purchasing account upgrades, upto and including free upgrades.

Some of the features of this add-on:
  • Create and manage...

Read more about this resource...

@Waindigo is it possible to make it so we could give someone could get a coupon to skip a recurring payment that is active? even manually applied on our end would be fine.

@Waindigo is it possible to make it so we could give someone could get a coupon to skip a recurring payment that is active? even manually applied on our end would be fine.
It looks like this can be done in theory, more info here, whether in practice this will work will have to explored a bit more.
I think this would be more of an addition for User Upgrades by Waindigo to start with as a manual process like you suggested. Once this is achieved we can then start to think about making coupons to streamline the feature. Please PM me to further discuss this feature if you would like to contribute.

The only thing I can think of to make this even better is a "Auto Generate Key" for coupon code button :)

Is it possible that when the coupon is entered, can the upgrades that it can be applied to be put at the top of the available upgrades, instead of below where the upgrades that the coupon are not applicable to?

Edit: When the upgrade becomes free, it moves to the bottom.
And, when the price is reduced (not free), it's very hard to tell if the coupon has been applied.
In fact, is it possible the original price can be shown, and demonstrate what the effect the coupon has had?

Is it possible that when the coupon is entered, can the upgrades that it can be applied to be put at the top of the available upgrades, instead of below where the upgrades that the coupon are not applicable to?

Edit: When the upgrade becomes free, it moves to the bottom.
And, when the price is reduced (not free), it's very hard to tell if the coupon has been applied.
In fact, is it possible the original price can be shown, and demonstrate what the effect the coupon has had?
When testing this I was thinking that this feature would be a nice addition at some point but it wasn't in the original so specification so I didn't do it at the time. If I receive any contributions to this add-on I will add this.

@Waindigo I have installed this upgrade and it currently does not seem to be working. We would like to use this for a big promotion for our site. The coupon is created successfully but when the user goes to checkout it is not applied. Thanks for your help!

Can you give more details? Coupons cannot be applied to all types of upgrades. I may have to make this a bit more clear in the add-on.

Hi @Waindigo,

Thanks for this.

I think this might be a bug but it looks like you can only purchase gifts coupons for upgrades that are only available for yourself (ie the upgrades you are not currently subscribed to) - unless I have something set incorrectly.

Hi @Waindigo,

Thanks for this.

I think this might be a bug but it looks like you can only purchase gifts coupons for upgrades that are only available for yourself (ie the upgrades you are not currently subscribed to) - unless I have something set incorrectly.
I'll look into this for you, at the moment that's how it is set-up but in hindsight the whole list will be appropriate.

Can you give more details? Coupons cannot be applied to all types of upgrades. I may have to make this a bit more clear in the add-on.

I saw what you mean about recurring upgrade. Is there anyway to have the coupon just effect the initial payment and not the recurring one?

I saw what you mean about recurring upgrade. Is there anyway to have the coupon just effect the initial payment and not the recurring one?
Currently coupons don't work for recurring upgrades but this is a feature we are eager to add, as we have already added this to user upgrades it can be done for coupons as well. Please PM me if you are interested in making this happen.

Hi @Waindigo ,

Great work. Just installed this and together with the latest user upgrades.

Minor bug - if you use "Disable User Upgrades" options, all gifts still are not available. They all show up if you do not use the disable option.

Thanks!

Hi @Waindigo ,

Great work. Just installed this and together with the latest user upgrades.

Minor bug - if you use "Disable User Upgrades" options, all gifts still are not available. They all show up if you do not use the disable option.

Thanks!
I see what you mean but I would call that compatibility with a feature of User Upgrades, I agree that in some circumstances there are grounds to override this and add them to the list. It should also be noted that disabled upgrades are hidden from your members so for the most part they won't know they are missing out ;)

For now I would say that custom coupons can be created in the ACP to get around this. Maybe I'll add option in the ACP to provide an override for gift coupons in a future update to facilitate this.

I see what you mean but I would call that compatibility with a feature of User Upgrades, I agree that in some circumstances there are grounds to override this and add them to the list. It should also be noted that disabled upgrades are hidden from your members so for the most part they won't know they are missing out ;)

For now I would say that custom coupons can be created in the ACP to get around this. Maybe I'll add option in the ACP to provide an override for gift coupons in a future update to facilitate this.

Ah ok, thanks - never thought of doing that way. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Top Bottom