Upgrade 1.04-1.2, Lost some custom templates and phrases

Doing a local XAMP dry run of upgrade, the installer worked fine however I had anticipated some outdated templates to show up due to addition of some custom templates and extra hooks in original templates. Running check for "outdated templates" came back with none, similarly for outdated phrases for which I had added a few.

Since live version hasn't been touched yet I was able to locate missing templates using ACP and recreate in update version. Can provide more specifics if they will help when I update live version.

Custom templates should not be overwritten by the upgrade unless you originally edited the master style. Changes to the master style are not saved.

The master style is only accessible in debug mode. Normally you don't edit the master style directly unless you are developing an addon.

Custom templates should not be overwritten by the upgrade unless you originally edited the master style. Changes to the master style are not saved. The master style is only accessible in debug mode. Normally you don't edit the master style directly unless you are developing an addon.

Thanks for feedback. I'm not 100% clear how you define "the master style". I have debug mode on for my IP only on live site and am not clear about what I can see regarding "master style" that I don't see in the templates themselves regardless of debug mode being active or not. I should note that I am more of a front end javascript and ajax developer so "style" to me is more html/css/DOM related than perhaps your definition.

I have about 15 custom templates , the majority of which are tied into existing hooks but a few I did create custom hooks within core templates. I did also tie all these custom templates into a registered add-on that has a code event listener of template_hook, and a folder for add-on and a listener.php. What is strange is that some of the templates that are tied into custom hooks that I created in core templates survived the upgrade and some tied to core hooks like "header" didn't survive. The custom hooks didn't make it through upgrade, but I had also anticipated that I would see "outdated templates" of which none were found after upgrade.

Of the 15 custom templates, I only lost 3.

The master style will be listed here:

admin.php?styles/

Editing templates or style properties in the master style is bad because the master style is completely rebuilt during an upgrade, overwriting any previous customizations. This is not the case with regular styles.

Still not sure why a few of mine disappeared and others survived though. Here's an example from my listener that was working fine and is using a template hook that exists before and after upgrade.

Code:
if( $hookName=='header'){
       $contents=$template->create('WE_header',$template->getParams());
}

This template was lost completely in upgrade. Copying the old xen/html to a new template with same name worked fine using same listener once I realized what had been lost.

Top Bottom