Lack of interest Customized Flag for templates and phrases

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

xf_phantom

We really need a new flag for phrases and templates, to be able to mark them as customized, so they won't be touched while an addon upgrade.
(atm xenforo just deletes everything from the addon)

PHP:
if ($overwriteLanguageId)
     {
       $db->delete('xf_phrase',
         'language_id = ' . $db->quote($overwriteLanguageId)
           . ($limitAddOnId != '' ? ' AND addon_id = ' . $db->quote($limitAddOnId) : '')
       );

$existingPhrases = $this->_getPhraseModel()->getAllPhrasesInLanguage($overwriteLanguageId);
     }

//or

$db->delete('xf_phrase', 'language_id = 0 AND addon_id = ' . $db->quote($addOnId));

Current Problems:
Custom Translations:
All customized phrases will be replaced again by the next addon or translation upgrade. (in combination with http://xenforo.com/community/threads/languagemodel-importlanguagexml.53984/ it's causing big problems with custom translations :D )

Custom templates & Phrases for addons
Just think about addons like xenporta, which include "blocks" and probably a own export/import inteface.
The additional blocks aren't allowed to be associated with xenporta, because the templates would be deleted by each xenporta update.
But it would also be a horrible idea to create a new addon for each block =>results in templates and phrases which aren't associaetd with any addons.
Which could lead to MANY orphan data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know i talked with @Mike about this in the past, but i had to post it as suggestion, because
Custom Translations:
All customized phrases will be replaced again by the next addon or translation upgrade. (in combination with http://xenforo.com/community/threads/languagemodel-importlanguagexml.53984/ it's causing big problems with custom translations :D )
is really a BIG PAIN if you have a non english board with many addons and custom translations from different translators and you need to customize some phrases yourself.