Unreal Tournament Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
*laughs* 250 dollars. Nice try. I already made my own logo, and it's BEAUTIFUL. :D
Actually @Carlos, if it's a logo with any kind of graphics (besides the lettering) then $250 (even though that is not the price he quoted you) is not that far out of line depending on whether you get the PSD and it's a one-off. I know that I contacted a very respected style developer that I own multiple styles of his and the quote that I got for one site was in the $250-$350 range.

Actually @Carlos, if it's a logo with any kind of graphics (besides the lettering) then $250 (even though that is not the price he quoted you) is not that far out of line depending on whether you get the PSD and it's a one-off. I know that I contacted a very respected style developer that I own multiple styles of his and the quote that I got for one site was in the $250-$350 range.
Psst. He responded with saying that his image/PSD is $2,500. I wouldn't defend him after that.

Especially with this comment by someone else:
customization done out of the goodness of @Sheldon's heart. :rolleyes:

Psst. He responded with saying that his image/PSD is $2,500. I wouldn't defend him after that.

Especially with this comment by someone else:
But the point remains... the implication you gave was that $250 was "outrageous"... just letting you know that is (for a professionally done one) pretty much the going rate. Take it or leave it.
You can go to some web sites and get them for $5-500 also.... but the old saying applies - YGWYPF.

I would agree with Mike... if you are going to use blue I'd try to match... but I think it would look sharper if the blue's were more in line with the orange colorization of the Unreal text.

The blue in "Forums" seems a bit off in the blue tone.. Everything else looks great
I would agree with Mike... if you are going to use blue I'd try to match... but I think it would look sharper if the blue's were more in line with the orange colorization of the Unreal text.
I was going for a "ruined wall" look. Blue is there because it's a Unreal staple.

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/21/unreal-tournament/#.U3_TNChnjIV
That's one of the icons used for Unreal games.

And two, most Unreal sites are in blue color hues.
The orange reflects Unreal Tournament 2004 cover colors.
The black is well... ya know, Unreal Tournament staple.
But the point remains... the implication you gave was that $250 was "outrageous"... just letting you know that is (for a professionally done one) pretty much the going rate. Take it or leave it.
You can go to some web sites and get them for $5-500 also.... but the old saying applies - YGWYPF.
Except this isn't a custom work. I didn't even ask for it.

He just offered it, and then turned around to offer $2,500 for the actual PSD.

Last edited:
Unreal is one of those games I never got into. I'm more the shoot/blow stuff up type of gamer. :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is moi playing UT3 when the game came out for PS3/PC. :D

I don't think $250 is out of line for a logo, but you can tell when a logo is worth $250. I would be very disappointed if I paid $250 for that. You can find that logo, and all those fonts for free on the internet & paste them into Photoshop very quickly.

I know that Sheldon is trolling, but js.

I don't think $250 is out of line for a logo, but you can tell when a logo is worth $250. I would be very disappointed if I paid $250 for that. You can find that logo, and all those fonts for free on the internet & paste them into Photoshop very quickly.
*High Fives* :)

I know that Sheldon is trolling, but js.
Agreed... and nowhere did you see me say that specific logo.. what I stated was that (as my post stated) a professionally done one would normally cost, and relate the fact of what I was quoted for one.

Suggestions:

1. Remove the "Home" tab until you have something that is actually different.

2.Replace the small logo with some type of variation of your larger logo.
Screenshot_1.webp

3. Change up the footer descriptions. The "About Us" and "Unreal Cheer!" are very similar. Get creative and add something different.
Screenshot_2.webp

4. Fresh content... currently ZERO activity going on, last post on May 21.

5. If using the "Welcome Block", maybe change it up to be more inviting to outsiders, enticing them to sign up and join.
Screenshot_3.webp

6. The difference in yellow/orange/blue of your logo and the blue/green used throughout the theme is huge... try to infuse the colors of your logo throughout the site, or vice-versa.

7. Make your Twitter block in the footer relevant to the topic, not your "Network". If browsing, I'd be more interested in seeing tweets about the topic at hand. Yes, your recent tweets are about it, but why not have the feed based off a search or tag?
Screenshot_4.webp

Overall:
Very new site, obviously. Currently see a lack of activity, nothing to drive others into the forum to view the site, much less register. 2 members, not much as far as posting either. Node icons are new, not sure if they change based on unread/read or not. Very basic UI.X Dark theme, nothing else changed on that part.

Carlos, with a bit of effort you might be able to get this site to take off. Having it sit there and collect dust with how new it is isn't going to be a good thing. Good luck with the future work.

Last edited:
1. Remove the "Home" tab until you have something that is actually different.
Doing that soon.
2.Replace the small logo with some type of variation of your larger logo.
Was wondering how to do THAT.
Change up the footer descriptions. The "About Us" and "Unreal Cheer!" are very similar. Get creative and add something different.
I intentionally left it the way it is now for a reason. Especially the "Unreal Cheer" part.
4. Fresh content... currently ZERO activity going on, last post on May 21.
*Facepalm* This subject again. Look, no news about a game = no threads. Got it!? It's not that hard to understand. It's common sense.
5. If using the "Welcome Block", maybe change it up to be more inviting to outsiders, enticing them to sign up and join.
How? The game is "free." There isn't any new images for the game yet. I could technically use UT3, but people don't like it. So, I'm waiting for the first images of the game before I do any custom work.
6. The difference in yellow/orange/blue of your logo and the blue/green used throughout the theme is huge... try to infuse the colors of your logo throughout the site, or vice-versa.
I'm only going to use the colors on the logo, and nothing else. I will change the colors when more screenshots of the game is released. I need to know the dominant colors of the new game.
7. Make your Twitter block in the footer relevant to the topic, not your "Network". If browsing, I'd be more interested in seeing tweets about the topic at hand. Yes, your recent tweets are about it, but why not have the feed based off a search or tag?
I chose my Twitter over everything else because:
1. UTForums on twitter is taken.
2. Facebook requires 25 fans for a URL, so I'm not going to waste my time here.
3. I currently don't have a substitute for "general" gaming tweets. I'm working on that.

You don't need news for content to be generated. Your forums are about an unreleased game. There's plenty of topics taht I can think of to discussion. Some of them include:
  • What maps do you wish to see? New ones, old ones, or a mix between the two?
  • What features from previous games do you wish to see they brought up?
  • Weapons?
  • Gameplay?
  • Networking?
You can do speculative posts to generate discussions, it doesn't need to have concrete basis.

You don't need news for content to be generated. Your forums are about an unreleased game.
Yeah... but...
What maps do you wish to see? New ones, old ones, or a mix between the two?
http://www.unrealtournamentforums.com/threads/what-maps-do-you-want-in-the-new-ut.11/
What features from previous games do you wish to see they brought up?
I'm currently brainstorming how to do this. Any ideas?
http://www.unrealtournamentforums.com/threads/what-weapons-do-you-want-in-the-new-ut.10/
Gameplay?
http://www.unrealtournamentforums.com/threads/which-ut-movement-do-you-want-in-the-new-ut.13/
Networking?
Don't know how to ask this.
You can do speculative posts to generate discussions, it doesn't need to have concrete basis.
As you can see, I've already been ahead of you there.

Problem is, Carlos, that while yes you're posting those questions - the way you word the threads isn't going to draw people in. You have to give them something to interact with. You've asked the question, but you haven't answered it yourself. Go back to those posts and answer your own questions, show some passion and interest in the subject then when people visit they will see that you're not just posting to get other people to add content, but because you are genuinely interested in hearing what they want compared with what you want from it.

Problem is, Carlos, that while yes you're posting those questions - the way you word the threads isn't going to draw people in. You have to give them something to interact with. You've asked the question, but you haven't answered it yourself. Go back to those posts and answer your own questions, show some passion and interest in the subject then when people visit they will see that you're not just posting to get other people to add content, but because you are genuinely interested in hearing what they want compared with what you want from it.
Oh, you mean like this? http://www.codforums.com/threads/should-advanced-warfare-have-blood-gore.4765/

I'm sure you can start the sentence with something better then "Ya know" too...
Psst. Trying to be relatable to the market. Dude bro. ;)
No, not really.. because there's nothing of what you think or want in that post.
You missed my point tho. It doesn't matter what I put, it still does "inspire" responses... as is the case with the link I posted.

I'll eventually post my thoughts. Some threads in the official Unreal Engine forums have the same kind of thread style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom