XF 2.1 Unfurl leading to Robot Check (Amazon)

NealC

I started seeing my amazon links change to "Robot Check" for link titles. Anyone else seeing this? What's the cause and how to fix?

Has anyone considered a phrase or some type of system that changes the Robot Check phrase to "Amazon.com"? Like a censorship or something that auto changes one text to another?

If you are using an add-on that automatically adds the Amazon tag to amazon links such as Andy's at xf2addons.com you need to turn off the link title feature. Unfurling works fine, apparently the link title is what causes this. I sent Andy some suggestions on how to hopefully improve this so we don't have to turn this feature off due to an add-on. But this seems to have resolved the issue for me.

If you are using an add-on that automatically adds the Amazon tag to amazon links such as Andy's at xf2addons.com you need to turn off the link title feature. Unfurling works fine, apparently the link title is what causes this. I sent Andy some suggestions on how to hopefully improve this so we don't have to turn this feature off due to an add-on. But this seems to have resolved the issue for me.
Where is this setting? I searched for "Link Title" "Title" and "Link;" and in his add-ons settings; but couldn't seem to find it.

If you are using an add-on that automatically adds the Amazon tag to amazon links [...] you need to turn off the link title feature.
Hmm, I don't see a relation between getting link titles and adding associate tags to amazon links.

Titles are retrieved automatically when a post is saved while links are parsed at runtime.

If properly implemented, adding amazon associate tags does not require any HTTP calls, at least unless you also want to handle shortlinks (eg. amzn.to) - the latter needs to be implemented as a ProcessorAction so it also runs at save time.

Update
Out of interest I just took a look at the code of the mentioned Add-on. Well, that is ... long, complicated (IMHO waaay too complicated) and contains a lot of duplicated code.

Last edited:
Where is this setting? I searched for "Link Title" "Title" and "Link;" and in his add-ons settings; but couldn't seem to find it.

In the admin area click on the search icon top right of the toolbar and type in "unfurl" and that will take you to the settings for this. Above the unfurl is the option to convert to titles

In the admin area click on the search icon top right of the toolbar and type in "unfurl" and that will take you to the settings for this. Above the unfurl is the option to convert to titles

Hmm, it's already off on my end. And I do get errors related to unfurling from Andy's mod once in a while.

Using this one:
By @ozzy47

Top Bottom