XF 1.4 Unable to delete a node with 50 Children

XxUnkn0wnxX

i keep getting this error when i try to delete a node with 50 Folders/Forums

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: XxUnkn0wnxX, 11 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(661): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#3 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete('xf_node', 'node_id = 435')
#4 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1778): XenForo_DataWriter->_delete()
#5 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/NodeAbstract.php(65): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#6 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php(19): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_NodeAbstract->actionDelete()
#7 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionDelete()
#8 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://portalcentric.net/forums/admin.php?forums/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["move_child_nodes"] => string(1) "0"
    ["node_id"] => string(3) "435"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

i am doing some cleaning and i really need to delete it but i keep getting this error.

i even increased the innodb_lock_wait_timeout from 50 to 100 and it still not doing the job...

& i have plenty of ram allocated...

it even crashes when i try to delete a node with 7 Children

Last edited:
When a forum is deleted, all of the child forums and threads within those forums are also deleted.

How many threads are there in the forums?

I think the children are actually being moved, which should be reasonably fast.

But this issue looks more like there has been a "double submit" -- trying to delete another node while the first one is still deleting. Most of the work of deleting is actually pushed out to a later job too, so the deletion process it self shouldn't be especially slow.

You may need to attempt again and if you get this error, run SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST; in MySQL to see what query is currently running.

When a forum is deleted, all of the child forums and threads within those forums are also deleted.

How many threads are there in the forums?

i emptied the threads i moved them into other sections

it was only 50 empty forums.

in the end i was able to delete it. but i had to delete it piece by peice as the whole thing wouldn't work for me..

Top Bottom