1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Unable to delete a node with 50 Children

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by XxUnkn0wnxX, Jun 5, 2015.

1. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Active Member

i keep getting this error when i try to delete a node with 50 Folders/Forums

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: XxUnkn0wnxX, 11 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(661): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #3 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete('xf_node', 'node_id = 435')
    #4 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1778): XenForo_DataWriter->_delete()
    #5 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/NodeAbstract.php(65): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
    #6 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/NodesAsTabs/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php(19): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_NodeAbstract->actionDelete()
    #7 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionDelete()
    #8 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #9 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #10 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(55) "http://portalcentric.net/forums/admin.php?forums/delete"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["forums/delete"] => string(0) ""
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["move_child_nodes"] => string(1) "0"
        ["node_id"] => string(3) "435"
        ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    i am doing some cleaning and i really need to delete it but i keep getting this error.

i even increased the innodb_lock_wait_timeout from 50 to 100 and it still not doing the job...

& i have plenty of ram allocated...

it even crashes when i try to delete a node with 7 Children
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When a forum is deleted, all of the child forums and threads within those forums are also deleted.

How many threads are there in the forums?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think the children are actually being moved, which should be reasonably fast.

But this issue looks more like there has been a "double submit" -- trying to delete another node while the first one is still deleting. Most of the work of deleting is actually pushed out to a later job too, so the deletion process it self shouldn't be especially slow.

You may need to attempt again and if you get this error, run SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST; in MySQL to see what query is currently running.
  4. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Active Member

i emptied the threads i moved them into other sections

it was only 50 empty forums.

in the end i was able to delete it. but i had to delete it piece by peice as the whole thing wouldn't work for me..