1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Unable to connect to Gravatar, Connection timed out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Warchamp7, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Active Member

This is pretty much the only thing in my error log and there are just tons of them. This has been going on for at least a week as well, so it doesn't seem to be a temporary outage or anything.

Any ideas or recommendations for debugging this?

Error Info
    Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to tcp://www.gravatar.com:80. Error #110: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 9:28 PM

Stack Trace
    #0 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('www.gravatar.co...', 80, false)
    #1 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(457): Zend_Http_Client->request('HEAD')
    #2 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(219): XenForo_Model_Avatar::gravatarExists('----------')
    #3 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
    #4 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I get them every now and then, but I don't see any negative effects that linger around, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

3. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Active Member

Well I mean, I've gotten 7 since posting this thread, so I almost feel like it happens for every registration

4. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

Either way, it's related to their service and not XF itself. If their services are down or unreachable from your server, then this error will repeat until it can connect.

Alternative action: disable Gravatar support.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's happening consistently (and just to you), it may indicate either a routing issue between your server and Gravatar or a firewall blocking the connection.