UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Ah, looks like the case was wrong on the legacy_addon_id and it wasn't caught as I'm on a case insensitive system. This should be fixed in the downloadable version on themehouse.com now :)

[UI.X] General options, [UI.X] Social Media and ThemeHouse Styles are not in same one Tab option menu?

Been stuck for the past few hours, how can I change the color of my hyperlink in a notice?

I have:
Code:
Welcome, <b>{name}</b>! Remember to read our <a href="url here">Forum Rules</a> before using our site.

My a href is white (unreadable), but I can't see where to change it - I even tried adding css into extra.less didn't do anything :/

Been stuck for the past few hours, how can I change the color of my hyperlink in a notice?

I have:
Code:
Welcome, <b>{name}</b>! Remember to read our <a href="url here">Forum Rules</a> before using our site.

My a href is white (unreadable), but I can't see where to change it - I even tried adding css into extra.less didn't do anything :/

Give your link a class:

Code:
<a href="url here" class="myClass">

Then reference it in extra.less like so:

Code:
.myClass {
color: red;
}

Change the color to what's appropriate. You could also wrap it in a span tag and then give the span tag a class but either way would work fine.

I have:
Code:

Have you made any changes to the color palette? A hyperlink in a notice should work out of the box, and if not it's something we'll need to address :)

Have you made any changes to the color palette? A hyperlink in a notice should work out of the box, and if not it's something we'll need to address :)
Nope only changed 1 colour (dark blue >> lighter blue) and it's like unreadable :(

Give your link a class:

Code:
<a href="url here" class="myClass">

Then reference it in extra.less like so:

Code:
.myClass {
color: red;
}

Change the color to what's appropriate. You could also wrap it in a span tag and then give the span tag a class but either way would work fine.
Thanks, forgot about classes!

Hey all hope everyone had a great weekend! If we ever miss a response here a ticket at themehouse.com is preferred, just since we watch that far closer since its easier than a thread like this, but here are all responses I think we needed to respond to from the weekend.

And guys I'm definitely not complaining. I just wanted to simply report the issues so your aware. Only way to make the style better is being made aware of these things. Anyways I appreciate the help. Let me know your thoughts.
Cannot thank you enough for your help. Any issues or concerns we'll address. Its a big framework of course and our time limited just as anyone's would be, if we take too long apologies but will definitely get to any suggestions or issues you raise. I am just so thankful you're taking the time, and many others as well!
So it looks like it's something related to the updater in the control panel.
Hmm, not sure if it was an issue with add-on or not. If it happens again (we'll be posting another update shortly either today or tomorrow) please do let us know.
This version have a footer like the past version?
It does indeed! :) You can put widgets in the footer locations. It looks like our documentation is a bit lacking so I've tagged @Dalton Prock on the issue. You will (once we've edited it) be able to learn more here: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix2/footer

Just a heads-up that on the demo, when I click the top banner for "sign up", I end up on the login screen with the error "You must be logged in to do that."

Also, even though I clicked on "Sign up" the only option to register is via the little text link at the top right.

Just FYI.
See below as @Brad Padgett so kindly posted a short term fix (but we also have a fix coming out shortly)
@Mike Creuzer
I have an active UI.X license will I have to pay again to upgrade to UI.X 2?
As someone also mentioned the code UpgradeUIX should work to save 50%! If not let me know :)
Yeah I went through the whole update purchase the other day and saw no where to enter the coupon code which is why I asked the above question.
It should be on the cart checkout page.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 1.16.08 PM.webp

For anyone that wanted a quick fix with the UI.X 2 welcome notice sign up link to go to the registered page, here it is.

Go to template "uix_welcomeSection"

Find:

Code:
<xf:if is="property('uix_welcomeSection__url')"><xf:button href="{{ link('conversations/add') }}" class="button--cta">{{ property('uix_welcomeSection__buttonText')}}</xf:button></xf:if>

Replace with:

Code:
<xf:if is="property('uix_welcomeSection__url')"><xf:button href="{{ link('register') }}" class="button--cta">{{ property('uix_welcomeSection__buttonText')}}</xf:button></xf:if>

Your simply changing "conversations/add" to "register". You could really use any link you wanted too. Hope that helped.
Thank you (AGAIN :P)
What happened to the "tagged view" style?
Coming soon, we actually have much of it complete, we'll be selling it in our shop for probably $30 and will come included in the UI.X Pro package. Been working on it conceptually for months since its a delicate thing to build. We are building something tag based for a software that is forum based, and we want to make sure you can use it with forums or without, uninstall if you dont prefer the experience, etc. So taking a bit of time, but we're hoping for before this year or very early next year.
When i select dark pallet, no text is visible.

When new update will be released.
Can you post a screenshot or link of the issue?
How to make logo block to slide in into sticky navigation?
What specifically do you want to do? It sounds like it'd require custom code.
Where is the best place to report either bugs or ask usability questions? I came across something last night where I don't know if it's a bug, or I am not doing something correctly. (We have the forums set up to show a page for each category, and I set a background image for each node...but the backgrounds are not showing up when viewed in a category page.)
For sure and thank you for asking and for all your help! We have a few options. 1. a beta team (where we discuss in Slack, may ask for more members soon if you're interested!) 2. Our Github https://github.com/Audentio/xf2theme-issues for posting issues or bugs 3. If you aren't sure feel free to create a ticket at themehouse.com or post here (a bit slower but we try to get to everyone asap)

If you have any questions we're here to help.

I have:
Code:

Thanks again for your help. Made an issue here as definitely not something that should happen out of the box. https://github.com/Audentio/xf2theme-issues/issues/276
Just tried, didn't work rip :/ @Brad Padgett
Classes are case sensitive, and may be something regarding where you put the code. A super quick fix could be something like.
<a href="#" style="color: black;">Link text</a>

Classes are case sensitive, and may be something regarding where you put the code. A super quick fix could be something like.
<a href="#" style="color: black;">Link text</a>

Your right about that. Should have mentioned he could use inline css as well.

Also I appreciate all your responses. The style is definitely worth the money and because you can customize it I'm still very glad I bought it. Looking forward to buying some add-ons over the christmas holidays too. Anyways appreciate the replies.

Inline CSS Worked perfectly, thanks all :)

I'll use this as a temporary measure until a hopeful new update fixes this somehow.

Also,
Could you guys allow us to use avatars along side posts (when viewing nodes), gives more of a pleasant and less empty view imo.

Thanks!

I was actually looking for a "last post avatar" modification for xenforo 2. I was using the one by wandingo on xenforo 1 and then started using themescorps built in one on the style I bought from Xenforo 1 but haven't yet found one for xenforo 2.

I'm waiting for one to get released. Would be a great feature. I don't expect you all to implement it but it would be nice.

I was actually looking for a "last post avatar" modification for xenforo 2. I was using the one by wandingo on xenforo 1 and then started using themescorps built in one on the style I bought from Xenforo 1 but haven't yet found one for xenforo 2.

I'm waiting for one to get released. Would be a great feature. I don't expect you all to implement it but it would be nice.
Agreed! I swear old UI.X had that built in? :/

Also,
Could you guys allow us to use avatars along side posts (when viewing nodes), gives more of a pleasant and less empty view imo.

Thanks!

Agreed! I swear old UI.X had that built in? :/
Good point, not sure why we didn't put this in Nodes. Im wondering if @Jake B. put it somewhere else.

Honestly I think we are just waiting to give it some more features since currently it only does things like separate sticky threads from posts, last post avatar, and honestly not sure much of all else.
Ohh right, thank you for the quick response. I'm working on an upcoming site aha and so would be nice to have the extra features to setup. I think it would be awesome if you guys could release dev builds - of course being unstable and would be at our own risk. Would mean that we can use these, then report any bugs we find?

Top Bottom