Twitter MediaSite BBcode [Deleted]

Is this the same one that's in the media sites package? And if so how do we update in that package?

Yes they are the same thing.

If you want to update this and continue using the pack you can just upload and install the files as normal (assuming you install the pack first and install this to overwrite the bbcode).

The bbcode will be attached to this addon now and updated.

You can do two things from there (aside from waiting for an update to the mediasites pack, which I am working on a lil every day instead of on massive bbcode binges and hope to be finished soon).

Option 1: (This is essentially what I do to make a pack)
  • Enable debug mode...
  • go to the media site definition for twitter and in the drop down for addon: select the mediasites pack addon...
    • repeat this addon association selection for the following templates in your master style:
      xxtW_js
      bbms_twitter_XFormer
      bbms_twitter_css
  • uninstall the twitter mediasite addon (there is nothing left to the addon at this point except the addon listing itself as we have moved the content to another addon)

Option 2: (The way someone does it if they are feeling lazy, or don't want to take a chance but really want the new bbcode)
  • Install this addon (with the mediasite pack already installed)

• Leave it installed until the next mediasite pack update is released, right before you update the mediasites pack, uninstall the twitter mediasite and then when you upload the files and upgrade, the mediasite pack will represent the most recent release of this bbcode or any other individually released one from the pack.

I have been trying to get to it...but have been sidetracked with other things. Import was something I have wanted for a long time but just never got around to doing myself though it is part of a mockup I made somewhere. We will just have to see what the future brings.

can you link me to your forum?
In our test forum, it is always showing the (( {tweet ID#} is not a valid tweet id)) message.
paste the following in a new document named 'curltest.php' and then upload it to your domain root and then goto yourdomain/curltest.php

Code:
<?php

// Script to test if the CURL extension is installed on this server

// Define function to test
function _is_curl_installed() {
    if  (in_array  ('curl', get_loaded_extensions())) {
        return true;
    }
    else {
        return false;
    }
}

// Ouput text to user based on test
if (_is_curl_installed()) {
  echo "cURL is <span style=\"color:blue\">installed</span> on this server";
} else {
  echo "cURL is NOT <span style=\"color:red\">installed</span> on this server";
}
?>

Now that I think of it if anyone tests that above or already knows that they do not have cURL installed please let me know as I need someone without curl installed to test the new callback

Just upgraded to 1.2.0 and running this addon version 1.2.3.

See the following server error log in the admin panel:

ErrorException: Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' - library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:13
Generated By: Unknown Account, 40 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/MediaSites/Twitter.php(13): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Use of undefine...', '/home/gtsc/...', 13, Array)
#1 [internal function]: MediaSites_Twitter::buildEmbed('361846982693761...', Array)
#2 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1571): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1536): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->_getMediaSiteHtmlFromCallback('361846982693761...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagMedia(Array, Array, Object(bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#5 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#6 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#8 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#9 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#10 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#11 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('CPJ coming up a...')
#12 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#13 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#14 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#15 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#16 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

ErrorException: Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' - library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:13
Generated By: Unknown Account, 40 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/MediaSites/Twitter.php(13): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Use of undefine...', '/home/gtsc/...', 13, Array)
#1 [internal function]: MediaSites_Twitter::buildEmbed('361846982693761...', Array)
#2 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1571): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1536): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->_getMediaSiteHtmlFromCallback('361846982693761...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagMedia(Array, Array, Object(bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#5 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#6 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#8 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#9 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#10 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#11 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('CPJ coming up a...')
#12 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#13 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#14 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#15 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#16 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}
That update above should fix it...it was pointed out before but for some reason I included the old callback without the correction.

That update above should fix it...it was pointed out before but for some reason I included the old callback without the correction.
Spoke too soon. I'm still seeing these errors in the admin panel. Except I don't remember know how to trigger them. If I go view a post with twitter bbcode, it actually seems to load fine.

Error Info
ErrorException: Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' - library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:14
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/MediaSites/Twitter.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Use of undefine...', '/home/gtsc/...', 14, Array)
#11 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(61): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('CPJ coming up a...')
#12 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
#13 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, 'forum_view')
#14 /home/gtsc/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'forum_view', NULL)
#17 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(69) "http://gtswarm.com/community/forums/georgia-tech-football.4/index.rss"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Spoke too soon. I'm still seeing these errors in the admin panel. Except I don't remember know how to trigger them. If I go view a post with twitter bbcode, it actually seems to load fine.
Wow...I am just stupid for this one.
fixed...(again :-/)

When are you going to update the full mediasite pack with this?

When I get more of the sites done and converted to be responsive, which will be when I get more time. No real eta

Last edited:
Top Bottom