Twitter MediaSite BBcode [Deleted]

Great addon but it seems to break my responsive style. It also doesn't fully display when used in a quote. Any ideas?

You mind linking me to your forum so I can see it for myself...I just installed the addon on a clean 1.2 and checked with the native xf responsive feature and if anything the only problem I saw was with the display of the twitter embed itself and it was cutoff and did not disrupt the rest of the style.

That said I will clean up the tweet to make it completely responsive but I would still like to see what is happening on your board.

This is great but ran into a problem.

I did a test and got the following:

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home2/jfuqua/public_html/library/DigitalPointAds/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 0

I assume there's a conflict with another add-on but, surprisingly, turning off this one didn't correct the problem. I had to do an uninstall for it to clear up. Any ideas as how I can get the two add-ons to play nice? ;) Thanks.

Every time someone puts a twit I get this error:

ErrorException:Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' -library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:13

But the twit works.

EQnoble updated Twitter MediaSite BBcode with a new update entry:

callback fix

ErrorException:Use of undefined constant html - assumed 'html' -library/MediaSites/Twitter.php:13

Read the rest of this update entry...

Every time someone puts a twit I get this error:

But the twit works.

You can just replace the /library/MediaSites/Twitter.php if you already had updated to 1.2

I've never been able to get this add-on working correctly. I have to use the method posted here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/twitter-mediasite-bbcode.43690/page-2#post-500606 - you still get issues with quoted tweets breaking the forum layout.

Anyway, just tried this add-on again with 1.2 and noticed the following bug.

test.webp

It forces quotes to be 340px high (I think). Which overrides/breaks the built in 'click to expand' function.

I've never been able to get this add-on working correctly. I have to use the method posted here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/twitter-mediasite-bbcode.43690/page-2#post-500606 - you still get issues with quoted tweets breaking the forum layout.
Technically speaking...you still get issues with it breaking the forum layout...it never broke the layout for me. ;-)

This last update will fix your problem, if it doesn't I don't know what to tell you without having access to your board.

What happens in the event a linked tweet is deleted by the original Twitter user? Are these called dynamically and the posted tweet will go away, or is it preserved locally? I have to assume the latter, given the number of resulting calls if it were pulled on every load?

I'm interested in using this but, given the sources of the tweets most of my users would be discussing, I don't want to preserve tweets they (the quoted/linked Twitter user) hope to erase -- if that makes any sense.

What happens in the event a linked tweet is deleted by the original Twitter user? Are these called dynamically and the posted tweet will go away, or is it preserved locally?

I'm interested in using this but, given the sources of the tweets most of my users would be discussing, I don't want to preserve tweets they hope to erase if that makes any sense.
[media=twitter]359057535841484800[/media]

The tag surrounds the tweet id and then it is grabbed from their oembed api and the relevant part of that API output is slammed in place of the tags on pageload. (This is also why I added custom styling to it that only displays until the twitter.js does it's thing not including the logo I added which stays and fits itself in with the tweet)

If a user deletes a tweet there is nothing to grab from the api anymore so it wont parse a tweet and it should display ( {tweet ID#} is not a valid tweet id).

Last edited:
EQnoble updated Twitter MediaSite BBcode with a new update entry:

Fix for callback

Just realized thanks to a post in the discussion here
What happens in the event a linked tweet is deleted by the original Twitter user? Are these called dynamically and the posted tweet will go away, or is it preserved locally? I have to assume the latter, given the number of resulting calls if it were pulled on every load?

I'm interested in using this but, given the sources of the tweets most of my users would be discussing, I don't want to preserve tweets they (the quoted/linked Twitter user) hope to erase -- if that makes any sense.

that a function that I explained woundl't work as I described because I included an older callback to the 1.2.2 release of this. If you did not update to 1.2.2 install as normal. If you did you can just upload the files without upgrading/reinstalling.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installed the most recent version of this on an .htaccess password protected dev.* sub domain XF install I'm using for pre-migration testing and prep. When I posted a Twitter link, that thread ended up inaccessible with a 500 error. Is that likely just because I'm behind that wall (somehow related to oembed) and won't happen on a live site? No other add-ons were on this stock copy of RC2.

Installed the most recent version of this on an .htaccess password protected dev.* sub domain XF install I'm using for pre-migration testing and prep. When I posted a Twitter link, that thread ended up inaccessible with a 500 error. Is that likely just because I'm behind that wall (somehow related to oembed) and won't happen on a live site? No other add-ons were on this stock copy of RC2.
I would need to get on the admin side of that board to see for myself, I would have to guess it is your htaccess file that is the problem, I just created an htaccess directory password and I had no problem at all with it.

I would need to get on the admin side of that board to see for myself, I would have to guess it is your htaccess file that is the problem, I just created an htaccess directory password and I had no problem at all with it.

The password protect is just a typical auth at a directory level below the forum install, and then the .htaccess in that directory is stock RC2. Either way, I'll try a clean install at a later date and set up access for you if it's still happening. Thanks so much for the response.

Top Bottom