Twitter MediaSite BBcode [Deleted]

It has been such a long time but neither xenforo nor its developer are able to come up with a solution for tweets. That's sad but true

Not replying and not being able to or not uploading it are two different things. ;)

Reserve what you call truth for that which you know really is, my friend.

newTweetLookDesktop.webp
newTweetLookMobile.webp

Last edited:
So, What could be the reason for Tweets not showing in my website ?

Since nothing is appearing, hence can't post the screen too.

Are you saying there is a fix right around the corner, EQNoble?

I love this mod but when some of the tweets being cutoff it makes things very annoying. :)

It works. So does joshp's resource that has bbcodes for quite of lot of different media. Something is obviously wrong on your end.

The issue I've been having is the pictures being cutoff..... it's like they're not being resized to fit the twitter embed frame.

Is this an issue on my end? If so, how can I fix this? It's a frustrating not being shown full images.

sphwdu.png

Which Resource, please help with the navigation.
Use the search functionality. You would think that bbcodes would be a good search keyword...
The issue I've been having is the pictures being cutoff..... it's like they're not being resized to fit the twitter embed frame.

Is this an issue on my end? If so, how can I fix this? It's a frustrating not being shown full images.

sphwdu.png
Have you tried change the twitter iframe width?

I have not tried that and would prefer not to make the iframe width too big...... it seems like a resize issue to me because those images (on twitter) are big and I think they need to be resized down somehow.

I have not tried that and would prefer not to make the iframe width too big...... it seems like a resize issue to me because those images (on twitter) are big and I think they need to be resized down somehow.
Yep i tried a sportscentre tweet on my site and it definitely seems to be an issue with the larger images that that account posts. dont know if this bbcode would be able to handle resizing the image though. @JoshyPHP ?? Might want to go into the code and change the width to 800px or something just to be certain.

Are you talking about this add-on or mine? They are completely different and I don't remember this one using iframes.

@tcmw Which Twitter add-on do you use? Also, what was the browser in that screenshot?

sphwdu.png

My new version of this takes care of everything...

dffgxcv'.webp

If you want to test it @tcmw, convo me and I will send you a link over the weekend or monday of where you can download the one using the newer api.

I wouldn't mind testing this as well if at all possible. I would be able to give any feedback required.
excellent, let me break the bbcode off of the full addon and give you a link and some instruction, I haven't touched it since the last message so check in with me tomorrow if I haven't sent you a link by then

addon installed... how to use and where???
This one is just a bbcode so you just post the link to the tweet in a post a you get an embedded tweet, sorry I must have missed your post.

My new version of this takes care of everything...

View attachment 75369

If you want to test it @tcmw, convo me and I will send you a link over the weekend or monday of where you can download the one using the newer api.

@EQnoble -- Does this resolve the issues in iOS/Safari where multiple tweet embeds on a single page result in many of them being similarly cut off? Reported that last year, had to uninstall when there was no response/solution (truly no complaints there, got what I paid for), would *love* to be able to reinstall if it's working properly now.

Well before you go and reinstall it then do you want to try something first?

I can give you a link to a site of mine running xf and the new bbcode that I roughly broken off from the main addon I was making for myself and you can try viewing from iOS yourself (I have a 40% shattered iP4 and I can not upgrade from my oldass version of iOS for various reasons and as such for right now I can't really test any iOS stuff).

Well before you go and reinstall it then do you want to try something first?

I can give you a link to a site of mine running xf and the new bbcode that I roughly broken off from the main addon I was making for myself and you can try viewing from iOS yourself (I have a 40% shattered iP4 and I can not upgrade from my oldass version of iOS for various reasons and as such for right now I can't really test any iOS stuff).

Would be happy to. If you have a thread that happens to have 5+ embedded tweets that (as I recall) was the point at which they'd start to regularly break, before that (or around there) it was hit or miss.

PM when and as you please, and thanks.

excellent, let me break the bbcode off of the full addon and give you a link and some instruction, I haven't touched it since the last message so check in with me tomorrow if I haven't sent you a link by then

Just checking in with you.

Top Bottom