• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Twitter Authentication

I received an error attempting to get this to work:

Code:
[SIZE=5][B]Server Error[/B][/SIZE]

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'twitter_auth_id' in 'field list'
[LIST=1]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Statement.php[/B] at line [B]115[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php[/B] at line [B]381[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]478[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]632[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update()[/B] in [B]XenForo/Model/UserExternal.php[/B] at line [B]47[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_Model_UserExternal->updateExternalAuthAssociation()[/B] in [B]C2/Twitter/Register.php[/B] at line [B]151[/B]
[*][B]C2_Twitter_Register->actionTwitterRegister()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]310[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]132[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]../forums/index.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]
I also have DI's 'Steam Login' running, but disabling that did not solve the issue, and neither did upgrading the forums to 1.1.1.

I received an error attempting to get this to work:

Code:

[LIST=1]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Statement.php[/B] at line [B]115[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php[/B] at line [B]381[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]478[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]632[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update()[/B] in [B]XenForo/Model/UserExternal.php[/B] at line [B]47[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_Model_UserExternal->updateExternalAuthAssociation()[/B] in [B]C2/Twitter/Register.php[/B] at line [B]151[/B]
[*][B]C2_Twitter_Register->actionTwitterRegister()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]310[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]132[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]../forums/index.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]
I also have DI's 'Steam Login' running, but disabling that did not solve the issue, and neither did upgrading the forums to 1.1.1.

It looks like you installed the one attached to the first post. Install the updated version from this post instead...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/twitter-authentication.9740/page-4#post-306321

It looks like you installed the one attached to the first post. Install the updated version from this post instead...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/twitter-authentication.9740/page-4#post-306321

Thanks, I think I did use that one, but uninstalled and installed again to be sure. However, the twitter accounts did apperently get added despite the error. Is there any easy way to un-associate an XF account from a Twitter account so I can try and see if the error got resolved now?

There's no way to do that with the current add on, but I suppose I could add it. If this is a dev install you're testing on you can always run a simple query to get rid of the association. Replace the X below with the user_id of the account you want unassociated.

Code:
DELETE FROM xf_user_external_auth
WHERE provider = 'twitter'
AND user_id = X

I did try that before, but somehow the Twitter account remains associated with the xf account in question. Tried my other account and that seems to work.

Still the same error though:

Code:

[LIST=1]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]/forums/index.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]

Thanks, I think I did use that one, but uninstalled and installed again to be sure. However, the twitter accounts did apperently get added despite the error. Is there any easy way to un-associate an XF account from a Twitter account so I can try and see if the error got resolved now?
Login into twitter and create a new twitter app. Make sure it's read only and associate that app with the new twitter authentication add-on. That's what I had to do. I deleted my old one though.

Login into twitter and create a new twitter app. Make sure it's read only and associate that app with the new twitter authentication add-on. That's what I had to do. I deleted my old one though.

I did that, too, when I encountered the error first time, and had new keys generated and everything. Really no clue what's in my way here. Thanks for the try, though :)

I did try that before, but somehow the Twitter account remains associated with the xf account in question. Tried my other account and that seems to work.

Still the same error though:

Code:

[LIST=1]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]/forums/index.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]

Overwrite the files with these and let me know if that fixes your problem. It should. No need to uninstall the XML.

I did that, too, when I encountered the error first time, and had new keys generated and everything. Really no clue what's in my way here. Thanks for the try, though :)
Okay. In my humble opinion, delete all twitter authentication stuff from both your server and database then try again.

so strange, I have uploaded your files and made the necessary changes but I see 2 twitter autenticate buttons :S

Also I´m sure I have a nice implementation of the changes because I have following the exactly steps on the first post of this thread

what´s going on?

Don't follow the first post of this thread, follow the first post I made. I'm not the original author, I simply patched the errors. Use this post and the add-on included there... http://xenforo.com/community/threads/twitter-authentication.9740/page-4#post-306321

The reason you're seeing 2 buttons is because you followed the instructions in the first post. You don't need to do any template edits with the updated version from the thread I linked above. So, you'll need to undo those edits to only have one twitter button.

Does the last version require template editing?
If yes, I can refactor it since author is offline for a long time.
I've done external auth for Russian social network without any template editing.

If yes, I can refactor it since author is offline for a long time.
Refactoring of existing add-ons, without the explicit consent of the original author, is not permitted.

You would need to write your own add-on from scratch.

Xenforo needs to implement Twitter login, like they have done with Facebook!

This Addon contains too many errors by the looks of what people are posting. Though I want to use it, I won't, it's too buggy..

Isn't there any other method to achieve this?

Top Bottom