• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 "XenForo_Exception: Invalid authentication module" error

sforum

Active member
#1
I have just successfully upgraded my forum to 1.3.5 and so far so good. I did some housekeeping before the upgrade, and one of the things I got rid of was an old CodeInMotion folder in my /library folder - I figured since this was only ever used for the initial import of my old PunBB database many years ago, it would no longer be needed.

I've just noticed the following errors in my server log, however:

Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Invalid authentication module '' (CodeInMotion_Authentication_PunBB) specified - library/XenForo/Authentication/Abstract.php:127
Generated By: Unknown Account, 24 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1251): XenForo_Authentication_Abstract::create('CodeInMotion_Au...')
#1 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1279): XenForo_Model_User->getUserAuthenticationObjectByUserId(952)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(107): XenForo_Model_User->validateAuthentication('glam', 'mints79', NULL)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /var/www/vhosts/myhost/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://myhost/index.php?login/login"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["login/login"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["login"] => string(4) "glam"
["register"] => string(1) "0"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["remember"] => string(1) "1"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(25) "/xf/index.php?login/login"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}



Can anyone help?

Thanks.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
That code was still in use -- you'll need to restore it. It's being used to authenticate people. (This may be based on an older code base that does not upgrade authentication methods when logging in. Even so, the first login post-import for any user would still use the code.)
 

sforum

Active member
#3
That code was still in use -- you'll need to restore it. It's being used to authenticate people. (This may be based on an older code base that does not upgrade authentication methods when logging in. Even so, the first login post-import for any user would still use the code.)
Thanks Mike. I have re-instated the CodeInMotion folder in the /library dir. Hopefully that is enough to fix the problem!