Trying to separate web from db server

fly

So as the title states, I'm trying to separate my webserver from the db server. I've recently converted from vBulletin, and that's how I had things setup there. It's not working.

From the index.php page, I get nothing but a blank, white page. Literally blank. If I look at the page source, there is nothing in it. I can log into the admin section, but it visually looks a little broken. On top of that, I've done the following:

I've confirmed that I can view the phpinfo page on the web server.
I've verified that I can telnet to the DB server from the web server.
I've turned off all CDN and caching on the web server.
I've verified that all the files are the correct on the web server.
There are no error logs generated on the web server.

It's probably something dumb, but what am I missing?

A blank page is normally a supressed error.

Turn on php error reporting and find out why.

Same result. No errors thrown. If it helps at all, this is what it looks like:

kuBXYB5.png

Oh, I've also tried disabling all add-ons via config.php and that didn't help either.

Excellent idea. That worked! What exactly does that do? Is it something I'm going to have to do on all the webservers I bring up?

Excellent idea. That worked! What exactly does that do? Is it something I'm going to have to do on all the webservers I bring up?
Which? Rebuilding master data?
If so, it's just something that I've seen have to be done before. Mike or Brogan or Jeremy or one of them would really have to give you the why's and wherefore's of it. I've just seen something similar before and that resolved it. Usually it doesn't have to be done.

Which? Rebuilding master data?
If so, it's just something that I've seen have to be done before. Mike or Brogan or Jeremy or one of them would really have to give you the why's and wherefore's of it. I've just seen something similar before and that resolved it. Usually it doesn't have to be done.

Oh... I see how it is....

Does this mean you know the answer? Can I know it too? :D

It simply rebuilds a variety of caches / templates etc.

Top of my head:

Permissions
Admin templates
Style Templates
Email Templates
Phrases

Top Bottom