trying to migrate from vb

mmoore5553

I am wondering if there is social groups ? I have them and rely on them a lot. Also I know there is a blog so that makes me happy to import blog users.page

Also if i have an html web page i would like to put with XF shell ..is that possible ? Also I have some custom user fields . Are new custom fields easily added in profile settings ? I know vb has it automatically.

Thanks i am just trying to get away from VB . I know this software is going to be good some time in future. Just wondering if some of this is there already.

I am wondering if there is social groups ? I have them and rely on them a lot.
No.
Also if i have an html web page i would like to put with XF shell ..is that possible ?
EASY.
Also I have some custom user fields . Are new custom fields easily added in profile settings ?
CF are new in 1.1

Thanks i am just trying to get away from VB .
Me too.
I know this software is going to be good some time in future. Just wondering if some of this is there already.
Definitely the best out there.

yes i totally agree with you but i took over a forum and it is made in drupal. I am working and got half of it migrated to vbulletin. But i really want xenforo as I feel it is the future and so clean. I just need a way to have a forum where people have to join to post in it. Where it has events at top and i think the event mod i seen will do that . Does XF do that ? Allow me to make forums joinable ?

I am wondering if there is social groups ? I have them and rely on them a lot.

I liked the VB social groups as a root idea but I always thought it was poorly designed.

I am designing a social groups add-on with my friendly coders. This will consist of a group portal page + a linked forum (or thread perhaps). I don't like walls or blogs I'm a forum purist. Forums are much richer and more flexible and should stay the centre of the forum (sic).
The portal page will display members of the group with their avatars (could make this a list for larger boards). With various links to members bits n pieces. Plus some relevant resources.

Should think we can make this available by January.

I liked the VB social groups as a root idea but I always thought it was poorly designed.
They were poorly designed.
I am designing a social groups add-on with my friendly coders. This will consist of a group portal page + a linked forum (or thread perhaps).
When you have more of an idea what you are going to do ... make a thread and get some feedback on the idea.
Sounds cool.

What do you want accomplished in the Social Groups ?

When you have more of an idea what you are going to do ... make a thread and get some feedback on the idea.
Sounds cool.
What do you want accomplished in the Social Groups ?

Well the idea is pretty much as described, in outline.
My aim is to support Social Groups as clubs. Each has its own portal with title, graphic, description of what it's about, and link to its own forum. This is its heart, the forum. The forum in turn has a link top and bottom to the group's portal page.

So the group's discussions takes place in a FORUM with all their superior functions. Members are a usergroup and the usergroup automatically gets notifications of forum activity.
Members can also see the list of other members with link to their profiles, and to private Conversations for one to one.
News feed to group portal page, and a Resources section.
Later on an optional group gallery.

There's more but I'm not giving out any more!

I see the forum being supported and strengthened by its portal which is a partner to it not a rival.

When we move into it as our primary project next week I'll post it up to discuss.

this is very interesting if i can port over my social groups I am buying xenforo right away. Once thing that my board has is that i can make calendar events and it has where it makes thread and shows the event and group made and time. Then people can post in it. It is a hidden thread of course only social groups can get too. Too add calendar events you have to be a moderator of the social group.

Another thing VB social group lacks you can not have more than one admin or moderator which i think is wrong.

I am all for this product and do not mind donating to get this done as this would save me tons of time.

Top Bottom