Trustpilot review

What xenforo can do is easily have their own built in review system. Especially if trustpilot is too negative.

That way we all have to go by the same terms and conditions that are done on here.
Suggestion noted but we will not be running our own. We wouldn't be able to maintain impartiality if we ran our own and we had editorial control over reviews...

Suggestion noted but we will not be running our own. We wouldn't be able to maintain impartiality if we ran our own and we had editorial control over reviews...
The only problem is though is when you have something like trustpilot and somebody writes up negative comments with some words you don't want repeated on here you're paying too much for something you can do yourself. Which then can be built in for others to use so they don't have to use something that is dodgy.

So this have been flagged by XenForo, don't think it has to do with anything with Trustpilot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325_102344_com.google.android.gm.webp
    Screenshot_20240325_102344_com.google.android.gm.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 33
Both those statements seem a little at odds with how TrustPilot operates or perhaps they have changed their terms of use? It used to be that if a business or TrustPilot member challenged a review it would be flagged for the reviewer to provide proof of purchase. Once proved the review would be reinstated providing it was still written within their terms of use.

Some years ago another well known forum developer attempted to game the system by giving their employees a copy of their latest failure for review which overnight turned a one star company into a five star success. It was easy enough to have all those reviews removed based on the method detailed above.

It seems a little odd to me that the burden of proof now lies within the business's remit and not the reviewer.

Heres the latest "thing".

When a review is flagged for this reason, we no longer ask the reviewer to provide documentation of their experience. Instead, we run it through our new detection software that analyses various factors, including:* Reviewer history (e.g., number of previous reviews, past invitations to review other businesses),* Other suspicious patterns detected by our [fraud detection software](https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000711088-Trustpilot-s-fraud-detection-software).If the software determines that the content or the reviewer is suspicious, the review is taken offline; if not, it stays online.

So one such 1 star review:

Bubuti bubuti Ygrient thru access dress Iglon libo

That even google translate cant turn that into a relevant sentence just stays online even after we "asked for more information" and got no reply.

The only problem is though is when you have something like trustpilot and somebody writes up negative comments with some words you don't want repeated on here you're paying too much for something you can do yourself. Which then can be built in for others to use so they don't have to use something that is dodgy.
That's not the point. People can, should, and will say what they want and we shouldn't have editorial control over it. If there is a genuine concern about validity, that should be an independent process. End of.

When a review is flagged for this reason, we no longer ask the reviewer to provide documentation of their experience. Instead, we run it through our new detection software that analyses various factors, including:* Reviewer history (e.g., number of previous reviews, past invitations to review other businesses),* Other suspicious patterns detected by our [fraud detection software](https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000711088-Trustpilot-s-fraud-detection-software).If the software determines that the content or the reviewer is suspicious, the review is taken offline; if not, it stays online.

I hate this. There needs to be the ability for a human to make a reasoned decision. Google reviews are a black box like this and nothing can be done to dispute or verify them.

These systems also stop legitimate positive reviews from showing up. I mange the google listing for a friends business, and they received a beautiful heart felt 5 star reviews 6 months ago, it shows as being published on the customers google account when they're logged in, but Google never posted it live. Another friend is missing at least five 5 star reviews on their business too, which google for some reason never decided to publish. All these review systems are such a mess.

So this have been flagged by XenForo, don't think it has to do with anything with Trustpilot
Yes it looks like it was flagged by us but I don't really understand why. It may have been caught up in a batch that we intended for Trustpilot to review by mistake. Apologies for the confusion here.

Do what you have to to ensure the review stays up. In the meantime, I'd very much like to get back to work so such reviews can be avoided at all in future...!

I deeply regret ever using Trustpilot as it's a pain dealing with fake reviews and spam. It can take many months before trust pilot responds to anything. The most blatent spam, or offensive content is approved or ignored. Fake reviews are really hard to deal with. Completely agree with @Slavik on that.

Most people who leave negative reviews don't know what it means to have a business behind them. Of course, we are so spoiled that we also have these tools and we are in a democracy thank goodness, but in my opinion it would be much more democratic and fair if they also put the details of their business under the review... just to understand what it means to offer a better service than their review... you know it's always nice to learn from the best.

Most people who leave negative reviews don't know what it means to have a business behind them. Of course, we are so spoiled that we also have these tools and we are in a democracy thank goodness, but in my opinion it would be much more democratic and fair if they also put the details of their business under the review... just to understand what it means to offer a better service than their review... you know it's always nice to learn from the best.
Some have a terrible experience when trying to obtain the help they need.

I own a small business too, by providing my own services. I always make sure I go beyond the expectations, hence why I have only 5 starts reviews on Google.

I had a client who left me 4 stars, but after I spoke to him, I found the issue and made sure it's fixed, obviously he changed the review and now he is my permanent client.

TrustPilot is a very different animal than Google Reviews. If you don't pay TrustPilot then you can expect them to ignore reports about spam and reputation smearing. TrustPilot is in the business of selling overpriced paid accounts. While Google has various paid services, IME they are not trying to force businesses into a paid subscription.

Top Bottom