Transfert expired license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Hey all :)

A member wishes to give me his expired license, but from what I understand, there are conditions and constraints:
- the license must be active
- the license must have at least 120 days

I would like launched my new forum quickly and with these circumstances, I am obliged to:
- buy him the update to activate the license
- wait 120 days to request the transfer of license

This is very annoying because it forces the buyer to wait 120 days to create a forum.

Would it be possible to soften the transfers of license in certain cases? for example, as part of a reactivation ?

I would assume the 120 day requirement is already passed upon renewal, the license would have had been active for 365 days. Its a good question to get clarified but I believe it is simple. We shall see.

The 120 day requirement only applies to new purchases, not renewals.

The license, however, does need to be active. I would strongly advise against logging into their account and submitting the payment/request yourself as this is a technical breach of terms.

The 120 day requirement only applies to new purchases, not renewals.

The license, however, does need to be active. I would strongly advise against logging into their account and submitting the payment/request yourself as this is a technical breach of terms.
Thank you Jeremy for informations.

It is thus possible to transfer a not active license? Or do I have to activate it and then ask for the transfer?

The license must be active for a transfer to take place per the license agreement and my prior post. Exceptions are not made for this.

The license must be active for a transfer to take place per the license agreement and my prior post. Exceptions are not made for this.
If the member activates its license, the transfer is thus possible without waiting 120 days?

A member wishes to give me his expired license, but from what I understand, there are conditions and constraints:
- the license must be active
- the license must have at least 120 days
One other constraint is the license must not have been transferred previously.

The transfer request which has just been submitted will not be actioned for that reason.

One other constraint is the license must not have been transferred previously.

The transfer request which has just been submitted will not be actioned for that reason.
it's a joke? the member has just activate licensing and request transfer !

It is marked where?

It's not a joke.

The terms were made clear to the current owner when the license was originally transferred.
Licenses are eligible to be transferred 120 days after the purchase, must be active and not have been transferred previously.

In the ticket.

This is made very clear to the original owner and the transferee during the process and the transferee has to confirm that they accept the terms.

You have your answer.
The license in question is not eligible to be transferred a second time.

In the ticket.

This is made very clear to be the original owner and the transferee during the process and the transferee has to confirm that they accept the terms.

You have your answer.
The license in question is not eligible to be transferred a second time.
I would like to check my ticket, but I is access how to do?

I can screenshot your ticket if you like?

It was made clear to you at the time.
I know because I dealt with it.

Hello

We have received a request that a XenForo license be transferred into your name.

Please confirm that you accept license xxxx be transferred into your name and that the license will not be eligible for subsequent transfer after it has been transferred to you.

Please confirm whether the license should be transferred to your existing customer area (if you have one) or whether you wish it to be to a new customer area.
If the latter, please confirm the following details:

- Full name
- Email address
- Full address

Once the information has been received, the transfer can proceed.

Regards

Paul

May 28, 2014

I just saw.

I find myself with a license that I activated without being able to use it, how making ?

Which of your licenses did you activate that you can't use?

Or do you mean you activated someone else's license in advance of it being transferred to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom