Transfer expired license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compi

Hi,
I have an inactive license which expired in October last year. I sold the Forum associated with that license.
Is it possible to have the license transferred to the new owner with it being expired? The new owner is willing to renew it, but it does not make sense for me to renew it.

I havent found search results on google for expired licenses.

Thank you!

I believe the rule still applies that the license has to be active and not expired.
License Agreement said:
The Software may be permanently transferred by You to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 90 days following purchase or the date the Software was transferred to You (whichever is later), provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. By transferring the license, You relinquish Your license to retain any copy or installation of the Software. Any such copy or installation of the Software must be irrevocably deleted. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of the License Agreement.
https://xenforo.com/license-agreement/ and Brogan's comment here.

You are currently in breach of the license terms if you have already sold the site with the XF software still installed.

The license must be transferred to the new owner immediately by renewing it and submitting a ticket requesting a transfer.

@Compi

you should ask this via a support ticket. Oh wait...
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

@Dragonfruit read @Brogan's comment.
obviously the OP can't sell his expired licence.
He sounds like he needs to pay the renewal.
but refuses to do so.
when your license expires things like support they can't get.
Think of your license like you do with a drivers license you can't drive when it's expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom