1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Xenforo License to Another Site You Own

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Izagar, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Izagar

Izagar Active Member

This is just a question. I'm thinking of transferring the Xenforo license I own for my website to another I own since I still have till Apr for the license. Is it ok to do that or do I need to buy a new license? Just sorta curious about the whole thing.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As long as there is only a single installation, then that's fine.

So delete the old installation, install XenForo on the other domain and update the details in your customer area.

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I had no problem moving my instance from my old domain to the new one. All I did was left the database alone, and renamed the filepath to work with the domain in question. Then went into customer area, changed the domain name there. Nothing happened.

4. Izagar

Izagar Active Member

^ Not so much an issue file wise. Wanted to make sure it didn't break a rule/law here. xD Vbulletin had a crap fit with me with that.

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Waaait. I can uninstall and delete Xenforo on my gaming site (I only really use the wordpress) and install Xenforo on my vbulletin site since I don't want vbulletin anymore? Then all I have to do is update the licensing details in Xenforo?

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Correct.

7. Floris

Floris Guest

You are allowed to run ONE instance.

Which database you use, an existing one or a new one, or which version .. Doesn't matter.

As long as there is just one instance running, and the license points to this instance.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I already uninstalled it now I noticed something on my license it says good till Sept 2012. What happens on that day do I have to buy Xenforo again for another $140?

9. Brogan

No.

Only support and updates need to be extended for 12 months.

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How much does that cost so I can continue to get updates?

11. Brogan

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Is there a lifetime upgrades option?

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I don't see it.

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh well. $40 ain't bad.

15. Floris

Floris Guest

You can invest in years by paying multiple times I think.

The8thLegion likes this.