Transfer Xenforo License to Another Site You Own

Izagar

This is just a question. I'm thinking of transferring the Xenforo license I own for my website to another I own since I still have till Apr for the license. Is it ok to do that or do I need to buy a new license? Just sorta curious about the whole thing.

As long as there is only a single installation, then that's fine.

So delete the old installation, install XenForo on the other domain and update the details in your customer area.

I had no problem moving my instance from my old domain to the new one. All I did was left the database alone, and renamed the filepath to work with the domain in question. Then went into customer area, changed the domain name there. Nothing happened.

^ Not so much an issue file wise. Wanted to make sure it didn't break a rule/law here. xD Vbulletin had a crap fit with me with that.

As long as there is only a single installation, then that's fine.

So delete the old installation, install XenForo on the other domain and update the details in your customer area.
Waaait. I can uninstall and delete Xenforo on my gaming site (I only really use the wordpress) and install Xenforo on my vbulletin site since I don't want vbulletin anymore? Then all I have to do is update the licensing details in Xenforo?

Waaait. I can uninstall and delete Xenforo on my gaming site (I only really use the wordpress) and install Xenforo on my vbulletin site since I don't want vbulletin anymore? Then all I have to do is update the licensing details in Xenforo?
Correct.

You are allowed to run ONE instance.

Which database you use, an existing one or a new one, or which version .. Doesn't matter.

As long as there is just one instance running, and the license points to this instance.

I already uninstalled it now I noticed something on my license it says good till Sept 2012. What happens on that day do I have to buy Xenforo again for another $140?

Top Bottom