Fixed Tootltips for Select-to-Quote Links

ibnesayeed

In my opinion reuse of tooltips for Select-to-Quote links does not make sense in this new context.:
  • Toggle Multi-Quote: In fact it is not a toggle, it is just a way to add to the multi-quote. Selecting the same text again will not (and should not) give an option to remove, but to add the same selection in the multi-quote again. Hence, the tooltip should reflect this behavior.
  • Reply, quoting this message: should it be changed to "Reply, quoting this selection"?

Selecting "+ Quote" does toggle the multi-quote indicator (see bottom right of post), and clicking "- Quote" does remove the selection.

Selecting "+ Quote" does toggle the multi-quote indicator (see bottom right of post), and clicking "- Quote" does remove the selection.
I was talking about the immediate context. There is a difference in the two in the sense that the link at bottom right adds the whole message or removes all the full/partial quotes of the post. On the other hand, this selection-to-quote thing only allows adding quotes (multiple times) in the multi-quote. In this regard I would consider the functionality to be little different. if they were exactly same then there was possibility of not introducing the tooltip stile in-place quote/reply link and avoiding a lot of cross browser/device bugs in the first place and make the links at bottom-right polymorphic in a way that they quote the whole post if no selection is made, and quote partially if a selection is made.

In my opinion, using separate phrases for the two places will allow customization using translation system while some people might want to keep it same in both the places.

Top Bottom