ToggleME

ToggleME 3.1.4

No permission to download
I'm Sorry,
Could you help me find my Node ID for chat? and sorry my English, because i'm Russian :)

I posted the css and ID for the chat it's the following depending what your wanting to style or do. If you are planning to use different toggle icons on the same sprite add them in and simply adjust the coordinates to suit. the other CSS part I posted is to recolour or apply a gradient to the chat category node so all the css is there with the classes you'll need. :)

Code:
.nodeList.taigachat_alt .tglWchild.active {background-position: 17px 0;}
.nodeList.taigachat_alt. tglWchild.inactive { background-position: 17px 47px;}

What is the best way to add toggle buttons to third party elements that appear on the homepage?

The XenMediaGallery block, for example, doesn't have a toggle function, and I want it to. Taigachat works by default...

Do I need to do this in your files, or can I just do it with the TM and manually add the toggle into that block and wrap the content in its wrapper. Can it do this without some identifier?

Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 9.02.39 AM.webp

I can't seem to get TaigaChat to work with this add-on. Can anyone help me? What should I change in my settings? I'm using [bd]widgets for TaigaChat.

NVM. I got it to work. I had to disable the widget and use the hook instead.

Last edited:
My advice is to get rid of sidebar add-on's, as they cause more issues than they fix. Just manually add sidebar blocks using the TM to position them is the best route now.

Great addon. Although I do have a suggestion for a future update if one is planned. I believe things would look better and apply more smoothly to different styles if the addon used colors from style color palettes. This would make it possible to avoid editing css manually to adjust this addon for different styles, as the addon doesn't look all that great when teamed with a darker style. Due to the minimized block color being white.

Great addon. Although I do have a suggestion for a future update if one is planned. I believe things would look better and apply more smoothly to different styles if the addon used colors from style color palettes. This would make it possible to avoid editing css manually to adjust this addon for different styles, as the addon doesn't look all that great when teamed with a darker style. Due to the minimized block color being white.
You shouldn't need to edit most of css (unless arrows sprites), look at the visual options:
design_options_toggle-png.24698

I believe things would look better and apply more smoothly to different styles if the addon used colors from style color palettes.
It does, but it can't tell you what 'custom' style you're using, or what custom colours you have entered directly into CSS. The best option is to shift away from the above, and instead select the option already available in the ToggleMe options screen to not use additional CSS on collapse.

That way you retain your category look on collapse... IMHO that was the single best addition to this add-on, as it stopped people needing to customise it to their custom look each time.

Any chance xenforo might be coming out with this ? Beiing able to toggle the categories (hide and expand). This is a great resource btw!

Hi Cédric,

Can i give an closed category an other color for attention sign that there is a new post in a forum under the collapsed category?

Hi Cédric,

Can i give an closed category an other color for attention sign that there is a new post in a forum under the collapsed category?
I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think I will need this one day, so I will not spend time on this, at least now. It can be done thus with Javascript with a little trick:
Code:
$targets = $('.toggleMEtarget');

$targets.each(function(i) {
   $e = $(this);
   $categoryStrip =  $e.siblings('.categoryStrip');

var nodeIconTitle = $e.find('.nodeIcon').attr('title'),
   hasNewMessage = (nodeIconTitle && nodeIconTitle.length > 0) ? true : false;

/*No new message => do nothing*/
   if(!hasNewMessage){
     return;
   }

/*New message => change color & font weight*/
   $categoryStrip.css({
       backgroundColor: "pink",
       fontWeight: "bolder"
   });

/*Other option than above, give the element a new class & create a css for this class
     $categoryStrip.addClass('hasMessage');

It's easier to config like this; you just need to overide css settings with !important
     OR
     You can remove the categoryStrip class and create a new one:

$categoryStrip.removeClass('categoryStrip').addClass('categoryStripWithMessage);
   */
});

If you want to modify the code, please do, I will check then the mods and will integrate them in github.

Last edited:
I've use
Thanks Cédric,(y)

Just a pitty that i'm no coder, so i really dont no where to do this. :(
I've used a simpler solution that will work only on XenForo 1.2. It will add the css "hasNew" to a category (level1) which has new messages in it. You just need to play with css to configure what you want then (please find a tutorial on the web before asking any questions). I will not create some automatic styling options for this (there are too many possibilities: uncollapsed category with new message, collapsed category without new message, uncollapsed category with no new message, etc). This updated version has been put on Github.

Thanks Cédric

Its in the css.... thats gonna work. I thought i had to work in javascript.. :love:

Gonna try (y)

Okay I figured out how to install it. I have a question though....

@Shelley please tell me if you have this problem also? I was trying to register on your forum btw lol. I couldn't though. I am assuming its private forum :p

Okay.. sooooooo
Say I am logged in and minimize two categories. Now they are both minimized.
Then I log out.... and the categories go back to regular (all displayed) and if I log back in, they are all still displayed.

Is there a way for this toggleme add-on to remember what the users preferences was?

Last edited:
Top Bottom